By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hmm PS3 has sold 4 million more then 360 had last year.

kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
oh good god... again!?

and i counter that with since the PS3 has been out the 360 has sold more... so since the choice has been available to buy either... people have chosen the 360 more than the PS3.

both stats are red herrings however.

only LTD counts..

now everyone move along nothing to see here.

he is trying to see the ps3 is selling at a much faster rate than the 360 did in its 2-3rd year.

yeah and Im saying that more people have chosen the 360 over the PS3 when both have been available.... therefore the 360 is more poular..

the 360 was also up against a very strong and very cheap PS2 when it launched.  you cant compare like this.

cant you see these are bollocks stats...  

only ltd counts.

While i know this is a meh thread.

PS3 was up against a very strong and very cheap PS2, 360 and Wii when it launched (in comparison).

Around the Network

Kowen has it spot on

If this trend continues .. it means the 360 is only get a bigger lead.

Since the LAUNCH of the PS3.

The 360 has sold MORE.

Whats to debate?

Steroid said:

Looking at VGchartz, 360 had 21.5 million units sold this time last year (it's 3rd year on the market) and PS3 has 25.5 currently (its third year on the market). So considering this data I would say that the PS3 outselling the 360 isn't just "possible" but likely.

Looking at VGchartz, HD consoles have 46.6 million units sold this time (it's 3rd year on the market) and Wii has 54.2 currently (its third year on the market). So considering this data I would say that the Wii outselling the HD consoles isn't just "possible" but likely.

See what I did ther

@leo

exactly but he likes to change the rules so Sony wins, im just stating what SONY themselfs said, 360 is TWICE the price of the PS3 and has managed to out sell it ltd.

Garnett said:

Way to bend the rules..

360 is also TWICE the price of the cheapest model PS3! Oh and it has been out selling it this hole generation. at TWICE the price.

Howdoya like that?

It has? where have you been during september. Also 200x2=400 the ps3 is 300$ that is actuallyONE AND A HALF TIMES THE PRICE

Around the Network

"Only LTD counts"? Not really because the 360 still has last Christmas with last years price cut under its belt. Fact is 360 is a year older then PS3 almost exactly and this time last year when the 360 was exactly as old as PS3 is now it had sold 4,000,000 less.

Wait till Christmas numbers are in and watch the chant go from "only LTD counts" to "wait for Natal".

Whine as much as you want at the OP

but it makes a CLEAR point in terms of console "Purchase intent"

PS3 has sold 4 million greater than 360 in the same amount of time despite being for almost double the price for all those years.

USe the data & see what it can show us, everything doesn't need to be Black or WHite.....grey is a colour too!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Gurgestech

no PS3 is half the price of the 360, SONY said it. 

What do you guys want with a $600 console? i mean jeez....

well untill the red line goes below the green line then i am sticking it with PS3's Lifetime sales will be greater then the 360's

And thats what i thnik the OP is saying. Just cool youselves.

Gosh so many 360 pips in this thread you would think it was in the M$ forum, Where the PS3 owners. Stop playing Uncharted 2 and get into thread now. ;) This part is a joke for those of you with no sence of humor

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Garnett said:

@Gurgestech

no PS3 is half the price of the 360, SONY said it. 

What do you guys want with a $600 console? i mean jeez....

I can buy one for $199.