By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hmm PS3 has sold 4 million more then 360 had last year.

kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
oh good god... again!?

and i counter that with since the PS3 has been out the 360 has sold more... so since the choice has been available to buy either... people have chosen the 360 more than the PS3.

both stats are red herrings however.

only LTD counts..

now everyone move along nothing to see here.

he is trying to see the ps3 is selling at a much faster rate than the 360 did in its 2-3rd year.

yeah and Im saying that more people have chosen the 360 over the PS3 when both have been available.... therefore the 360 is more poular..

the 360 was also up against a very strong and very cheap PS2 when it launched.  you cant compare like this.

cant you see these are bollocks stats...  

only ltd counts.

When all is said and done the LTD sales is the only thing that matters, but it's not the end yet. The whole point of this is to look at the stats and try to find trends that will predict the final LTD sales. With your logic the 360 could have claimed that it sold better than the Wii for 9 months, and you could have denied the Wii dominance and held on to your "LTD sales is the only thing that matters" but obviously looking at the trend we could have predicted that the Wii would have passed the 360 and it did. Now he is doing the same thing with the PS3. Though these statistics support that the PS3 will eventually pass the 360, assuming they have a life cycle of the same length. However these stats are not substantial enough to be sure either way, but they do support the PS3. The question is can the PS3 catch the 360 while the 360 is still the leading console for MS.

Around the Network

@Carl

im just telling you what Sony told me, Sony said the 360 was twice the price of the PS3 and i gotta believe them.

RVDondaPC said:
kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:
oh good god... again!?

and i counter that with since the PS3 has been out the 360 has sold more... so since the choice has been available to buy either... people have chosen the 360 more than the PS3.

both stats are red herrings however.

only LTD counts..

now everyone move along nothing to see here.

he is trying to see the ps3 is selling at a much faster rate than the 360 did in its 2-3rd year.

yeah and Im saying that more people have chosen the 360 over the PS3 when both have been available.... therefore the 360 is more poular..

the 360 was also up against a very strong and very cheap PS2 when it launched.  you cant compare like this.

cant you see these are bollocks stats...  

only ltd counts.

When all is said and done the LTD sales is the only thing that matters, but it's not the end yet. The whole point of this is to look at the stats and try to find trends that will predict the final LTD sales. With your logic the 360 could have claimed that it sold better than the Wii for 9 months, and you could have denied the Wii dominance and held on to your "LTD sales is the only thing that matters" but obviously looking at the trend we could have predicted that the Wii would have passed the 360 and it did. Now he is doing the same thing with the PS3. Though these statistics support that the PS3 will eventually pass the 360, assuming they have a life cycle of the same length. However these stats are not substantial enough to be sure either way, but they do support the PS3. The question is can the PS3 catch the 360 while the 360 is still the leading console for MS.

Thank you you hit it right on the head. And really it doesn't matter if PS3 outsells the 360 after the 720 or Natalbox or whatever comes out. Bottom line is the PS3 is gonna outsell the 360.

Garnett said:

@Carl

im just telling you what Sony told me, Sony said the 360 was twice the price of the PS3 and i gotta believe them.

I'm happy for you

But still, i can buy a 360 for $199.

@Carl

Yeah but a 360 is $600, Sony said so see

I hear no 360, I see no 360 and i play no 360!

Around the Network

Yeah and im happy for both you and Sony.

But i can still buy one for $199.

darthdevidem01 said:
Whine as much as you want at the OP

but it makes a CLEAR point in terms of console "Purchase intent"

PS3 has sold 4 million greater than 360 in the same amount of time despite being for almost double the price for all those years.

USe the data & see what it can show us, everything doesn't need to be Black or WHite.....grey is a colour too!

You forget that if you are aligning the time to match, you also have to align the situational factors that were around at that time. When the 360 was in it's third year at this time, it's 120GB model was $400. In the PS3's third year at this time, the PS3 is $300 across the board. So aligning the prices along with the time shows us the PS3 is the cheaper console for those looking for an equivalent HD spaced model.

You see. Fudging everything is fun and accurate.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

c0rd said:
Steroid said:

Looking at VGchartz, 360 had 21.5 million units sold this time last year (it's 3rd year on the market) and PS3 has 25.5 currently (its third year on the market). So considering this data I would say that the PS3 outselling the 360 isn't just "possible" but likely.

Looking at VGchartz, HD consoles have 46.6 million units sold this time (it's 3rd year on the market) and Wii has 54.2 currently (its third year on the market). So considering this data I would say that the Wii outselling the HD consoles isn't just "possible" but likely.

See what I did ther

Not to be a technical grouch here, but it's.......

HD consoles:57.77mil (51.6%)

Wii:54.19mil (48.4%)

So considering this data I would say that the HD consoles outselling the Wii isn't just "possible" but likely.

garret's joking carl.
He knows very well that the case is the opposite. he's a good guy.

@Carl

no you can buy a core 360 for $199, the REAL 360 cost $600 bucks.