By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Buy Xbox 360 HD-DVD, get 9 HD-DVDs for free!

dallas said:
I just want to say, that I told y'all so. Nobody ever listens to me... lol

Who's the loser reviving an old thread? I still stand by every statement I said. I still use my HD DVD much, much more than my Blu Ray on my PS3. PLUS, I'm getting $100 in gift cards from Best Buy formy two purchases, which I am still enjoying.

Honestly, I have to admit, you didn't tell us jack. Thanks for playing, troll. 

Sorry, you were saying? 

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
can somebody say...DESPARATION!!!

Can somebody say "This troll needs a grammar lesson!" It's DESPERATION. Instead of posting, why don't you study your lesson? 

dallas said:
Fishynads, how is that upscaled DVD player of yours with failed-format extras working out for you?

Are you such a loser in life that you have nothing better to do than to dig up old threads and insult people?  Does it make you feel better about yourself?   Put down the tinfoil hat and go outside and play.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Let's see.....

I bought an A2 at BestBuy for $98. Got 2 free in store and 5 mail in rebate. Due to a glitch at the time I got box sets for my 2 in store (Heroes & Planet Earth). I sold most of my 5 free for ~$50. Now I'm getting an extra $50 from Best Buy. Gotta love my free HD DVD player. How much did you pay for your Blu Ray player????

Good job trying to insult people though

ps. I also own BD and about 20 movies :P

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
madskillz said:
dallas said:
I just want to say, that I told y'all so. Nobody ever listens to me... lol

Who's the loser reviving an old thread? I still stand by every statement I said. I still use my HD DVD much, much more than my Blu Ray on my PS3. PLUS, I'm getting $100 in gift cards from Best Buy formy two purchases, which I am still enjoying.

Honestly, I have to admit, you didn't tell us jack. Thanks for playing, troll. 

Sorry, you were saying? 

You using your HD-DVD much more compared to your Blu-ray player is a given, Considering that you bought your HD-DVD earlier and bought a lot more HD-DVDs compared to Blu-rays.

Also, I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything but I can't help but notice, You seem to have significantly changed your stance over the past few months madskillz.

madskillz said:
I will admit - after I got my HD projector and watched DVDs, I was sold on keeping my DVD collection growing and not worrying about the HD revolution.

However, after getting the HD-DVD deal yesterday and oogling over Transformers, I put in 'The Matrix' to see if I could tell the difference. The answer? YES. It's a huge difference.

I am truly amazed - I can't wait to see it on my projector.
madskillz said:
Have you visited that hi-def site Goosegaws posted? I am gonna try and pick up some really cheap movies off of there. With the jump in quality, as much as I love movies, I am really doing some re-examining of my DVD collection.

I know I want The Matrix, all of the Bournes, V for Vendetta and a few others. I can't wait to see The Kingdom in HD. 

I wanted to make the jump to HD, but never felt like being on the losing side, like you twestern. But now after I got the deal, I am like 'You know, does it matter?' I am watching movies the way they should be watched and got tons of HD-DVDs in the process. Who could ask for more?! 

madskillz said:
What username said. The PS3 is the superior Blu Ray player on the market, but honestly, the HD format war was overrated to start off with. I am purple - Blu and HD DVD - and it is a lot sharper but that's it. And honestly, I won't be snagging more Blus until I see movies that I really, really want.

You have to pay to play to be an early adopter. I am not shocked you were underwhelmed - welcome to the club - and I am talking about HD DVD and Blu Ray.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

actually, i'de still get it if the player is free, you still get a dvd player with 8 movies.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

okay, my first question - who spends all day looking for old threads to revive? I guess someone who really likes eating cheetos while he's on the toilet, and getting sh*t on this laptop.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

why revive multiple month old threads. seriously why would anyone search for this.