By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UNCHARTED 2'S SALES PROVES THAT AMERICANS BUY THE PS3 FOR BLU-RAY.

@TheDynamo

Of course that your statement is not true and no deserve a discussion.

Around the Network

So, where's the info coming from, OP? You got a link or are you more of a Zelda?

d21lewis said:
Not every game/movie/album is as front loaded as Halo/Star Wars/Eminem. The game will sell very well. Plus, despite the reviews and the success of the previous game, Uncharted is still a new franchise. It doesn't have an anime, graphic novel, movie tie in, theme park ride, or anything else. It's a video game and a video game, alone. It'll do well. You'll see.

But couldn't one say that America, "the land of shooters", should love this game based on past history:

Strong shooter.

Highly rated.

Highly marketed.

Great story.

Second game in the series.

Isn't the Gears of War series exactly the same? And it sells BOATLOADS.

Considering the PS3 in the US, and also including Halo and the 360...

What makes me laugh, is this post.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2723896

Yeah... I went there.

Smashed said:
TheDynamo said:
Smashed said:
This thread is a joke.
The only threads you make are anti-PS3, i'm not surprised you made this one, too be honest.

It's posters like you that try to deflect the issue instead of answering the question or discussing like adults.

Point taken.

Now answer the question.

Is my statement not true?

Can we not come to that conclusion?

Pardon me? This thread doesn't even deserve a discussion, sir.

Because you have aboslutely zero logic in your original post, zip, nada.

Your statement is NOT true. Lets do a little comparison, shall we?

Halo 3, or... lets compare ODST, a franchise owned by Microsoft and literally is the second word that comes out of a Xbox 360 owners mouth, is the word "Halo", thats how big of a franchise it is, following me?

There are eighteen million North American 360 owners, and something like nine percent of them bought ODST.

Then look at Uncharted 2, a relatively NEW franchise, THEN look at your statement.

Do you see where you went wrong?

How convenient that you chose Halo 3 - ODST instead of HALO 3.

This is the biggest game to hit the PS3 as the original Halo 3 was.

Can we use TRUE logic here?

Nevermind. I need a logical person to discuss...

Around the Network

Damage control, must feel good to be a bot since the launch of the slim.

LOL

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

first week according to vgchartz is only the first two days on sale.

lurk moar.

also:

lrn2threadtitle

TheDynamo said:
d21lewis said:
Not every game/movie/album is as front loaded as Halo/Star Wars/Eminem. The game will sell very well. Plus, despite the reviews and the success of the previous game, Uncharted is still a new franchise. It doesn't have an anime, graphic novel, movie tie in, theme park ride, or anything else. It's a video game and a video game, alone. It'll do well. You'll see.

But couldn't one say that America, "the land of shooters", should love this game based on past history:

Strong shooter.

Highly rated.

Highly marketed.

Great story.

Second game in the series.

Isn't the Gears of War series exactly the same? And it sells BOATLOADS.

What do you want me to say?  I actually prefer the 360.  I say it all the time (look at my games collection!).  But the game is good.  It's damned good.  Probably in my top 5 of all time, instantly (I gotta wait for the intial awesomeness to wear off, to know for sure).  It's going to do well.  And, as a gamer first and foremost, I take no joy in the failures of a quality title, as it seems you do. 

Bump this thread in a month or two.  Whether it sells a million in a month or a day, a million (or 3, in it's lifetime) is still a million.  Find me, then.

TheDynamo said:
Smashed said:
TheDynamo said:
Smashed said:
This thread is a joke.
The only threads you make are anti-PS3, i'm not surprised you made this one, too be honest.

It's posters like you that try to deflect the issue instead of answering the question or discussing like adults.

Point taken.

Now answer the question.

Is my statement not true?

Can we not come to that conclusion?

Pardon me? This thread doesn't even deserve a discussion, sir.

Because you have aboslutely zero logic in your original post, zip, nada.

Your statement is NOT true. Lets do a little comparison, shall we?

Halo 3, or... lets compare ODST, a franchise owned by Microsoft and literally is the second word that comes out of a Xbox 360 owners mouth, is the word "Halo", thats how big of a franchise it is, following me?

There are eighteen million North American 360 owners, and something like nine percent of them bought ODST.

Then look at Uncharted 2, a relatively NEW franchise, THEN look at your statement.

Do you see where you went wrong?

How convenient that you chose Halo 3 - ODST instead of HALO 3.

This is the biggest game to hit the PS3 as the original Halo 3 was.

Can we use TRUE logic here?

Nevermind. I need a logical person to discuss...

Again, you are failing to see it.

Every Halo 3 PLAYER out there, I'm sure, knew about ODST.

Why are you failing to see the point? Well, Uncharted is MOST DEFINATELY not PS3's biggest franchise, SINCE it is relatively new.

Microsoft has been using Halo, for a LONG time, and it has been their "main 360 game." Uncharted is a masterpiece, I love it, one of the greatest games I have ever played, but is it PlayStations biggest franchise? No way, because it was introduced when the PS3 came out.

Sure, Naughty Dog has been with Sony for a very long time, but UNCHARTED alone is a new franchise.

See where I am going? And stop taking jabs at me for not being logical, this thread has the least amount of logic I have seen for a while.