By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza 3 will be a sales flop if not HEAVILY BUNDLED!!!!!!!!

Lord Flashheart said:
So you didn't say "2-3 fans are hyping up Forza? lol... Get a grip. Go visit the Forza thread, or go visit the Forza forums."

or

"Or maybe it has something to do with the insane hype from Turn 10 and fans why these threads get made."

As for the sales you said that "A LOT of people predicted Forza 3 would sell 6-7 Million" (proof please) against peoples predictions not saying "Maybe it can reach those sales" when it happened but as your proof of too much hype here. If someone predicts it then that's their prerogative as Bobby Brown once said.

Whether direct or indirect what those devs said was an attack on a rival machine and therefore is trash talk. Or why would they need to say that if all they are doing is promoting a game which has nothing to do with a rival console? They were being honest on a technicality. If bungie had said Halo1 was only possible on the 360 it would be true on the same technicality, doesn't mean it can't be made on a PS3.

I was talking about everything you said in he quotes and said it could come across as trolling which I am starting to believe to be true. If you really think the hype is insane for Forza and its fans, even those who predict 6-7mil (which doesn't make it a bad or biased fanboy prediction but a bold one) Then what about KZ2? That according to the rules that the OP has laid down was a flop. You are being selective.

I mentioned GT, but will admit I shouldn't have because I didn't want the bother of going through the whole KZ2 crap. Should have stuck to KZ2. Or resistance 2. or Uncaharted 2.

I see what you mean now on the first bit... Little misunderstanding there. But anyway, i never said i don't like it... I can't complain at people hyping up games when i constantly hype up FF13 and even FF7 Remake... But what i say still is true, the threads and expectations are made through the sheer hype the game is getting.

A prediction thread i linked to earlier in the thread - http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81928 But as i said, the threads "2 million will be a flop" thing seems to be based on predictions seen.

They say it because it's true. Developers talk technical aspects when they say stuff like that. If a game is built from the ground up on a specific console using that consoles specific and unique specs, it isnt technically possible on the other console. It's not an attack, it's logic. They aren't saying "Uncharted 2 has left Gears in the dust now" or "Killzone will set the new standard for console FPS" or anything like that. They are saying that the game being as it is, is only possible on the PS3, which is from a technical point... True.

And no, im not being selective. I said myself 2 Million isn't a flop which is disagreeing with the OP. I haven't agreed with it at all, i can just see why he made the thread and the reasons behind it.

Around the Network

^

That was a pretty big edit you did

Darc Requiem said:
huaxiong90 said:
Dark Chaos said:
Carl2291 said:
MonstaMack said:
Darc Requiem said:
Another day, another Forza 3 thread started by a PS3 fan. I think PS3 fans are more concerned about Forza than 360 fans.

It seems like they need to get something off their chest ever since Gran Turismo has been delayed. They have won the GOTY (Uncharted 2 unless some reviewers drastically start to give it low 9's or under, which would place it under Street Fighter IV) and got their sales victory in a PS3 price cut which will win all regions except the US of course, but for some reason the fact Gran Turismo has been delayed they need to call Forza a sales and review flop and tell us to wait for the "real" racer. What a joke.

Or maybe it has something to do with the insane hype from Turn 10 and fans why these threads get made.

Or maybe even the trash talk from Turn 10 and fans why these threads get made.

Or maybe even because in recent threads people have been predicting 6-7 Million sales for it.

Which fans?? One or two or hundreds?? Stop making stuff up. So just because Uncharted has got massive hype should it sell 6-7 million to not be a flop. Take out you fanboy goggles.

How many fans trash talk? And ofcourse Turn 10 will trash talk. Look the games getting alot of attention and it seems to be working.

Again stop quoting 2-3 fanboys for the whole population. Your trolling has to stop.

Wow...with all due respect, good sir, what you said in the blue is debatable, and he's calling you out on it. That doesn't seem like trolling to me at all.

Seriously besides Selnor, when's the last time a 360 fan has posted a Forza 3 related thread. Every time I open a Forza thread as of late. It's started by a PS3 fan. Followed by the same half dozen or so PS3 fans saying the same thing. It's really gotten old. There are too many games that have just come out or that are coming out on each platform for this amount of pointless rehashing to occur.

I'm not throwing in my $0.02 here, bro. I'm just saying it's bad form of debating to say he's "trolling" just because he doesn't agree with you. It's not like he's doing this just to rile you up on purpose. He's trying to state a point.

But if you want to hear my opinion, then frankly, I can't say I've seen much of GT5 hate from Forza fans besides waron, and then there's a number of others in the "GT5 vs. Forza 3 metacritic" thread (forgot the exact title). selnor didn't bash GT5, but he did set unrealistic expectations for Forza 3. At the same time, I haven't dug through every thread regarding this issue.

Now, what I've seen outside of vgchartz, though, is a different story. Both GT fans and Forza fans are fighting non-stop, with neither side being the angels.

The nexus of this hysteria is Turn 10's bragging of their game. Now for me, even though I'm a huge GT fan, it doesn't bother me in the least, because I'm fully aware this is just a business ploy. Of course, it's quite dirty, when you look at how the likes of Lionhead, Infinity Ward, Naughty Dog, Bungie, etc. speak of their competition, but I'm sure they, deep inside, don't hold any hatred towards their rivals (hell, if he's not lying, Greenawalt said Yamauchi-san was an inspiration for him to join this business, as he likes PD's games). Now unfortunately, not many people can bother to look at it from a business perspective, so it's bound to spark the fuse to the powder keg.

/$0.02

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Not a flop, but it won't sell as heavily if not bundled. Also, who cares if GT sells more? Only fanboys. So unless you're a fanboy, that's the only reason one would care.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

@Carl

I don't think the hype is that much. Nothing major compared to other games. You're free to hype up FF.
How do you think games sell if not for hype and expectations? You can't use that against a game unless it's at Halo or Kz levels.

You and I have differing views on trash talk then. To me that's trash talk. No need to say that even if it's true. How sad and stupid must you be to buy a game or to claim it's teh best thing eva because you was sucked in like a little puppet by the devs pointless claim? It is an attack as it named the console it's not being sold on. Why? Whats the point? Do they think people who own that console will be impressed with that or believe it?
Halo can never run on a PS3... confirmed. Technically and from a technical standpoint its true.

I'm not calling you selective on your 2mil comment you keep repeating but that you call the hype levels insane and have a go at forza fans for hyping a game in forza threads or on the forza website and keep calling them fanboys but I doubt you do for a similar game that shall not be named? You think the levels are insane? Was you here for MGS or Killzone? or what ever game was going to kill the 360?
That's insane levels of hype and fanboyism. That's why I call you selective. I might be wrong but I doubt you'd have so much of a problem then.

Also constantly telling us you predicted 2mil doesn't mean you're being unbiased. It's very likely it will sell that so you're just being astute with your prediction..

Maybe I'm wrong about you but you do seem a bit anti forza and 360 to me.

Also, yeah. I do have a habit of editing right after I post. You ever have that thing where someone says something to you and after they've gone you think "I should've said this?"

Well that's me with forum post. I try and do it before the person it's aimed at responds but I'm not always successful. If you're reading this for the first time and it's in the message then at least I managed it this time.

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
I don't think the hype is that much. Nothing major compared to other games. You're free to hype up FF.
How do you think games sell if not for hype and expectations? You can't use that against a game unless it's at Halo or Kz levels.

You and I have differing views on trash talk then. To me that's trash talk. No need to say that even if it's true. How sad and stupid must you be to buy a game or to claim it's teh best thing eva because you was sucked in like a little puppet by the devs pointless claim? It is an attack as it named the console it's not being sold on. Why? Whats the point? Do they think people who own that console will be impressed with that or believe it?
Halo can never run on a PS3... confirmed. Technically and from a technical standpoint its true.

I'm not calling you selective on your 2mil comment you keep repeating but that you call the hype levels insane and have a go at forza fans for hyping a game in forza threads or on the forza website and keep calling them fanboys but I doubt you do for a similar game that shall not be named? You think the levels are insane? Was you here for MGS or Killzone? or what ever game was going to kill the 360?
That's insane levels of hype and fanboyism. That's why I call you selective. I might be wrong but I doubt you'd have so much of a problem then.

Also constantly telling us you predicted 2mil doesn't mean you're being unbiased. It's very likely it will sell that so you're just being obvious and astute with you prediction..

Fair enough, we probably just have different thoughts on what major hype and trashtalking is.

Im not having a go. Im saying that is what the OP's expectations are based on. I wasn't here for MGS, but KZ2 DID have the hype, on that one i agree. And if i remember correctly, i was complaining in most because of there being an official thread. I even do it now with all the random Uncharted 2 threads being created.

I kept the 2-2.5 Mil prediction since it was announced, so it's not really an obvious one. I even said it could reach 5 depending on the bundles.

To be honest I don't see the point of an official thread as unless its stickied and the first post or page updated with the new info it's pointless. Also complaining about the many threads is also pointless, not because it will happen regardless but because the game is out soon so people are getting excited for the game.

I would be worried if there wasn't thread after thread for a game in the weeks preceding it.

I meant obvious as given sales of forza 2 and the hype, expectation means that's a safe bet. I edited my message again after I posted it to make it more... friendly.

Well by my standards.

Lord Flashheart said:
To be honest I don't see the point of an official thread as unless its stickied and the first post or page updated with the new info it's pointless. Also complaining about the many threads is also pointless, not because it will happen regardless but because the game is out soon so people are getting excited for the game.

I would be worried if there wasn't thread after thread for a game in the weeks preceding it.

I meant obvious as given sales of forza 2 and the hype, expectation means that's a safe bet. I edited my message again after I posted it to make it more... friendly.

Well by my standards.

I missed your edit's... again lol.

I think official threads are good if its a big game, the smaller games dont really need them. It stops the forums themselves becoming overcrowded with topic on one thing, if there wasn't an Uncharted 2 thread we would be seeing a whole page probably full of it right now.

It seem's we have come to a conclusion anyway... I like talking to you, and you like Blackadder so it's always a bonus having a convo with you, whether we agree or disagree. You give a much better arguement than many other people.

Thanks for that. I was enjoying it but didn't want it to descend too far.
BTW I can't stand Blackadder.
I only use it because people love it so much it gets me out of trouble and I can be as annoying and as rude as I like. Providing my victim is a fan I get off scott free.

Woof! as a catchphrase? What sort of juevenile toilet humour is that?