By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2 New NSMB Trailers and Miyamoto says "pretty difficult"

Yeah, not impressed with the sound. Impressed with everything else though.

Mario's voice is annoying sometimes. I love the voices in Mario Kart, for whatever reason. "Luigi number ONE!" But Mario saying the name of the game on the title screen is really grating. Random whoops don't bug me, I guess because I grew up more on SM64 than the 2D games.

And I really think that with NSMB and NSMBW they are trying too hard to make "Mario Music" instead of just making a kickass soundtrack.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

This game is going to be so much fun.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

supermario128 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
The DS game was pathetic, so I have my doubts about this game being any good.

I'm holding out for Galaxy 2. That's going to be the "real" Mario game.

Pathetic? Explain yourself. Sure it was a little easy but it was still very fun to play.

A little bit easy? I beat it in almost a day..

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Erik Aston said:
Yeah, not impressed with the sound. Impressed with everything else though.

Mario's voice is annoying sometimes. I love the voices in Mario Kart, for whatever reason. "Luigi number ONE!" But Mario saying the name of the game on the title screen is really grating. Random whoops don't bug me, I guess because I grew up more on SM64 than the 2D games.

And I really think that with NSMB and NSMBW they are trying too hard to make "Mario Music" instead of just making a kickass soundtrack.

Nah, they just blew the Mario Music Budget on Galaxy 2 instead.

And yeah, the music's very...generic.

liquidninja said:
theRepublic said:

You are the first person I have ever heard complain about Mario's voice.

You know what I'm talking about though.

“SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARIO GAAAAAAAAAAALAXY!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOO!”

I like Mario's voice, especially during gameplay.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

I like Mario's voice, especially during gameplay.

I just can't stand his high pitched cartoony voice especially during gameplay. It's tolerable in some games but the ones where it's more frequent not so much. It's so overwhelming. I don't know what it is but I notice it even more in 2D Mario games (I'm counting the GBA remakes in this) but the Mario Kart games can be pretty bad as well.

Still, I wouldn't mind if he just spoke every now and then but when he shouts out for every jump you make that just irritates me.

well, since i am not an old fart, i was raised on super mario 64, so i guess i'm just more used to it because of that.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

killeryoshis said:
supermario128 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
The DS game was pathetic, so I have my doubts about this game being any good.

I'm holding out for Galaxy 2. That's going to be the "real" Mario game.

Pathetic? Explain yourself. Sure it was a little easy but it was still very fun to play.

A little bit easy? I beat it in almost a day..

Did you play for the entire day?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

@supermario

it was just a bad platformer. Very poor level design, no challenge at all, super short (not even 10 hours for 100%).

It wasn't even fun. I played through it 100% only because Mario is my favorite game and platformers are my favorite genre, but the game itself just wasn't good. It's a poor platformer hiding behind a Mario paint job. Galaxy was nit my favorite Mario game niether, but at least it was still very good. And Galaxy 2 is really looking good as well. Much better than this game.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!