By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2 New NSMB Trailers and Miyamoto says "pretty difficult"

That "Super Skills" video is amazing. Those guys are good.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Are there actually any people out there who dislike the mario series? Man I'd love to talk to them.

that does actually look very appealing.

Wow! If they add online to this game, I would faint right now!!

liquidninja said:

The game still kinda looks easy. It's hard to tell though. I don't really care about that. SMB3 was pretty easy and that's still the best Mario game.

What I am bothered by is Mario's (a presumably Luigi's and those Toad's) VOICE. I mean come on, seriously, why do they keep giving Mario a voice? When will Nintendo realize that voices don't work in Mario games?

This isn't just a problem with Mario Kart games either. All Mario games that use voice actors tend to sound annoying really quick. I'm also, annoyed with clapping. I don't need the game telling me I'm doing a good job. If they want to reward me they should give me extra men or a secret item or something.

You are the first person I have ever heard complain about Mario's voice.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I think it looks great but it doesn't look THAT difficult. The 99 lives trick on SMB and the ones in SMW really required skill to do, that yoshi-bullet bill infinite lives trick seems easy to do by a 9 year old. It doesn't seem any more difficult than any Mario game imo. Remember that game completion in SMG was difficult too.

super Mario world- smb3- super Mario bros crossover!! It looked like a very good game at first, but in the past month or so, it's looking like it could turn out to be an epic game

Those vids didn't look too difficult, and I'm glad. I'm not sure if difficult is the way to go, if they want to capture and not frustrate some of the people who left during the 3D revolution. If 50% of the game is simple or it there's a really good learning curve, then that's cool. Make it as hard as the Lost Levels, and they've lost potential customers.

and yesterday i was like "hmm there hasn't been anything that has made me say WOW for a long time" and then i see this :D my god this looks so fun!!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

theRepublic said:

You are the first person I have ever heard complain about Mario's voice.

You know what I'm talking about though.

“SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARIO GAAAAAAAAAAALAXY!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOO!”