By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Epic Mickey scans are out.

From Deus Ex to this? Its quite a big leap, not sure how Warren Spector is going to use his Deus Ex genius in this game.

But if anyone can do it, Warren Spector can! I have faith in Warren Spector, which means this game will be great!

Around the Network

Everyones opinion from concept art: OMG BEST GAME EVER TOTALLY EPIC!!!

Majority of peoples opinion after Article: Looks kiddy, Another weak Wii game with bad graphics.

Oh how fickle you guys are. Maybe they should have just made this like a Final Fantasy game, focusing on graphics and a 'dark brooding' storyline instead of an action game harking back to the 1920s Disney and a mischievous Mickey Mouse. Then you guys would probably think it was 'epic'.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

BTW, most of the models based on the really great concept art are not in those scans!

Like the robo-spider. I don't see that there.

We've just see barely a percent of the final game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Sorry those graphics really suck as of right now... PS2 bad imo.

My hype meter took a huge nose dive..... not even close to how good the concept art looked WTF!

Looks amazing IMO

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Oh c'mon guys. You don't have to defend this. I own a Wii. Only a Wii. I read the whole article. I like Mickey Mouse. The plot of the game is cool. It reminds me of cool, old Disney cartoons I had forgotten, and sort of makes me want to rent Fantasia.

BUT THE SCREENS. LOOK. BAD. If they only showed random shots of one environment in the Mario Galaxy scan, it would not magically look this bad.

Rather talk about the mechanics? The mechanics don't sound revolutionary. This "paint the world" thing often becomes paint-by-numbers. Maybe that won't happen here, due to the connection of the painting system to a karma system. And even if the painting does fall flat, it could still be a good game. But only if the meat of the game is fantastic. So far, the 2D platforming looks best. Brawling with paint blobs and deformed Captain Hook robots doesn't look good. The 3D platforming looks decent if the camera is good. But it will be boring if it's just Gremlin collect-a-thons in big open levels. I did enough of that on N64.

When we see footage, we'll better see the pace and feel of the game. And maybe the pace and feel is polished to perfection. Hopefully eventually the worst thing we can say about the game is that Spector and Disney totally botched the reveal of it in GI in 2009.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said:

BUT THE SCREENS. LOOK. BAD. If they only showed random shots of one environment in the Mario Galaxy scan, it would not magically look this bad.

But the Screens do not 'LOOK BAD'.  If anything, they look like Kingdom Hearts with 1. Better Art Direction 2. Concept Design 3. Detail and 4. Actual DISNEY locations aside from [Insert random Jungle] or [Insert assorted Large Room].

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Try looking at the full sized screens. The first page shows character designs that have almost no visible polygons save for the robots doing it deliberately (okay polygons aren't really visible, but the breaks between them can be), very smooth texturing, and lighting more commonly seen on HD games. Compare those to Kingdom Hearts models.

The levels don't look much better than in Kingdom Hearts, but that's not "bad".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Erik Aston said:

But the Screens do not 'LOOK BAD'.  If anything, they look like Kingdom Hearts with 1. Better Art Direction 2. Concept Design 3. Detail and 4. Actual DISNEY locations aside from [Insert random Jungle] or [Insert assorted Large Room].

Sorry but on a tech level those are HORRIBLE graphics.  The colors even look bland.

It looks like they just threw the beautiful concept art away and did something on flash....what the hell gives!  This ticks me off cause I was expecting something close to Galaxy.

"Sorry but on a tech level those are HORRIBLE graphics. The colors even look bland."

No, that is a subjective thing, and don't claim otherwise.

"It looks like they just threw the beautiful concept art away and did something on flash....what the hell gives! This ticks me off cause I was expecting something close to Galaxy."

Do you mean the scans or the three dimensional polygon models. If you think you can just whip up the latter in flash, and fit them on a large scale video game, you really don't know how tech levels work.