By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Epic Mickey scans are out.

Talk about judging a book by its cover >_>

Around the Network
Soriku said:
The game has a full year before release and we haven't seen a single gameplay vid.

Stop judging.

When a studio gives this kind of exclusive to a magazine, they want to be judged.

And the veredict is out: ITS LAME (until now)

They have a lot of time to fix it up, and maybe things work out... see what they did to Spyborgs? They changed everything because of internet reaction, and it turned out to be a good game, right? Right? LOL!

Erik Aston said:

The plot sounds awesome. It sounds like it would make for an enthralling cartoon.

Eh. Guess we have to see it in action now. First of all to see how the graphics look in motion. And to see how the painting/erasing system works.

But frankly, the graphics look like they'll be mediocre. I know, you can't tell much from magazine scans. So here's an apples to apples comparison with the first result on a Google Image search for "mario galaxy magazine scan."

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=83683

And the painting/erasing... We'll see. Tying it to the karma system might make it not feel so much like "fill in the blanks," which is what that mechanic usually becomes.

Spector makes me roll my eyes. Lots of hot air.

Everytime i see Mario Galaxy screens i wish i could play it again.

And yeah, these magazine scans from Mario Galaxy look a LOT better than Epic Mickey´s scans.

Because Galaxy has bigger enviroments and best overall level of detail. Epic Mickey looks like its set inside a snow globe.

I cannot wait for this game to come out. It looks like it could be the definitive third-party Wii game.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- Is it me or do most of the people who make disparaging comments not appear to own a Wii? Maybe it is a case of "sour grapes."

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Soriku said:
Those SMG scans show multiple environments. These Mickey scans show only one. I'm sure if they showed dark levels (which there obviously will be) instead you guys would be going nuts over it :/

Maybe

And i really hope so.

I want to go nuts about this game

I want this game to be amazing, but these screens aint helpíng it.

But look, the course is set: these screens will take a HARD hit from blogs and foruns alike.

Can you imagine what Destructoid will say about it? They will literally destroy it.

And since the game is a pretty big deal, the studio will have to make it better, deliver a top notch product in the end.

I firmily belive that internet criticism will make things better this time

Around the Network

wow, posting mostly so i can find the thread later tonight. xD

famousringo said:
"What I want to do in this game is take the best of Mario, Zelda, Ratchet & Clank, and Deus Ex, and throw them all together in one package..."

And now I need a clean pair of underwear.

Thanks Warren. Thanks a lot.

Just how grand that would be if he can pull that off seamlessly. =D

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

this looks pretty rocking. I'm ready for it

the scans are of low quality, so I will wait for my magazine to get a better look for the game.

By some of the comments in this thread some posters need their Gamers card revoked. Hell maybe even Man's card, getting emotional about the graphic of a game, and not understanding the gameplay mechanics is sad.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?