By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Epic Mickey scans are out.

Suddenly this game makes much more sense, and looks much more amazing to me. I finally understand the concept when I read how the head designer, Warren Spector, stated he was trying to revive Mickey's 'character' back to what it use to be.

It all makes sense now. A simple Disney game with a dark coat of paint would possibly turn heads. But it probably would only capture a certain market, like Kingdom Hearts has done, and would slowly fade into obscurity over time.

No, when Disney commissioned Spector to make a Mickey Mouse game, they most likely wanted him to make their star appeal to people outside of their usual audience. But in order to do this, it takes altering the entire character of Mickey Mouse itself, and rejecting the bland, cookie cutter, 'Mr. Perfect Mouse' image that Mickey has become.

I am now confident after reading this article that they have a very competent producer in this game who knows not only his material but how to reshape the characters found in the game to revitalize them. Something that has been needed for many years.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

How can anyone not be disappointed by these?

I guess it's not that far into development at this stage.

Erik Aston said:

The plot sounds awesome. It sounds like it would make for an enthralling cartoon.

Eh. Guess we have to see it in action now. First of all to see how the graphics look in motion. And to see how the painting/erasing system works.

But frankly, the graphics look like they'll be mediocre. I know, you can't tell much from magazine scans. So here's an apples to apples comparison with the first result on a Google Image search for "mario galaxy magazine scan."

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=83683

And the painting/erasing... We'll see. Tying it to the karma system might make it not feel so much like "fill in the blanks," which is what that mechanic usually becomes.

Spector makes me roll my eyes. Lots of hot air.

To be fair Famitsu uses great action stills to show off a game, while Game Informer is known for putting a random assortment of images together for the article and usually don't show off anything impressive about the game, like their Conduit screens were about 8 months old and the same screens HVS gave IGN. 

As for the designs it actually fits my expectations, classic old school Disney look, I enjoy the looks could show off more of the "dark" levels, but they said this doesn't represent the final product and this has about a year to go in development.

I really don't know what the nay sayers were expecting I really have no idea it could have looked cartoon/comic style much like Madworld but then people would have bitched about that as well, so w/e I guess people can't be pleased sometimes :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Hearing that Pixar was working on this I was expecting better graphics. Still has potential. Hoping for the best.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
How can anyone not be disappointed by these?

I guess it's not that far into development at this stage.

Some people read the article.

Around the Network

I'm actually psyched for this game. Love the old Steamboat Willy look for Mickey

This is the true definition of owning.

it does have a rabbits go home look. I'm disapointed from the art that doesn't look enough to the great concepts. Then again... it would have been damn hard to translate that anyways.

still hyped for it though =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

This looks fantastic! *Drools*

I'm excited about the classic look they gave Mickey, but the art style leaves something to be desired. It seems so generic. I was expecting it to look something like Voodoo Vince.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Ah fuck. I think it's time for me to stop expecting a graphical miracle to happen on Wii.

The game is like millions of miles away from the concept. Mikey himself looks ugly(why circle ears instead of the concept art round corner rectangle ears?) Now don't bash on me. The game looks OK but is very dissapointing compared to the concept art.

But i guess it's better my hype get's killed before i can test the gameplay of the game so it has a chance to positive surprise me.