By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

Well it's good to get these topics starting but I think finally in year 3 we are seeing PS3's true power and we should wait a while before judging
Like in 08 we had MGS

But this year we had KZ2, Uncharted 2
And we'll soon see titles like Last Guardian, GT5, Gow, and Especially Heavy which looks very realistic.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Around the Network
Garnett said:

@icycedge

your right, even tho the 360 has a better GPU, It cannot do simple task such as snow and smoke oh and wind, Gears 2 made 360 RROD, Uncharted 2 = impossible just like Lair, Uncharted 1, MGS4,Resistance 1 & 2 and infamous oh and the oh so famous KZ2. If that is really more than the 360 can do im very sad that i paid $400 for SLIGHTLY better graphics. 

Dont you guys think these devs are just pulling your legs with the hole "only possible on "system BS. Uncharted 2 = 100% of the PS3 power, that means NO future games will look bette.

Ill take for granted you did not play the game, yeah it simple task, but its all at the same time, with incredible texture resolution and background, no loading, screen tearing, lag... Play it, and come back here and tell me theres a game that look like that right now.

The j man cant fathom as to why this thread hasnt been labeled as flamebait yet......oh yeah.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

@icyedge

Im sure the game is the best looking console game out, im not gonna argue that, no game on 360 even matches Uncharted 2, but i dont care if its crysis, fact is 360 GPU can out perform the PS3 one.

The hole argument of "Blu Ray disc = Good graphics and lots of hours of gameplay" is BS, GoW (Yes God of war, not gears) 1 & 2 only had like what 6 or 7 hours of gameplay, why does time matter now? I know that has nothing to do with what you said, but i had to get that off my chest.

I'd have to partly agree here. Some PS3 games are among the best in graphics, at least for these two eyes. Prince of Persia and Bioshock. Prince of Persia in particular made me practically drop my jaw at certain points because it's so freaking beautiful.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Yes, the PS3 has the crown.

PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console? Please,...... AS IF THERE WAS EVER ANY DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter how the microsoft fanboys try 2 spin it, this is a fact. Unnecessary thread, indeed.

@ Steroid:

Theory? Since when the 360 fanboys fantasies and wet dreams are considered valid theories??!

Anyway, if u were being serious about that, WAKE UP, dude! If u were being sarcastic, well, then u're hilarious! 

Mass Effect 2 looks amazing. Every time I see a new trailer it looks better. Overall though, I think you are correct. Someone needs to come out with a new engine besides Unreal 3.

I have been playing Uncharted 2 for the last three nights and I am utterly blown away by the graphics. The characters models are just shy of photo-realistic (save for Elena who is sub par on both titles for some reason), the environments are gorgeous, and everything just seems utterly alive. There have been some specific moments in the game that have just left me speechless. I don't want to say too much, but if you play this game, you will be impressed most likely sooner rather than later. It's a work of art, and could be my 2nd favorite game of all time, only coming in second to Half Life 2 on the PC.

My favorite gaming memory of 2008 was playing through Gears 2, playing through Gears 2 again on co-op with my best friend, and then playing through horde mode with all my buddies on Live. My favorite gaming memory of 2009 so far looks like it's shaping up to be the last few nights (and days) that I have spent with Uncharted 2. This game is absolutely fantastic graphically, and in all other aspects as well.