By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

Cypher1980 said:
The PS3 may be better graphically, but I think its really close.

Its not like any kind of quantum leap visually and the man in the street definitely cannot tell the difference.

Looks like only the ultra fanboys have the ability to accurately notice the minor graphical leap.

If the Xbox 360 is Xbox 1.5
then the Ps3 is the Xbox 1.53

Yeah but finally Uncharted 2 is not only a minor graphical leap. If you finish it and then play another game you will see an enormous difference in all aspect.

Around the Network
Crashdown77 said:
Carl2291 said:
Current releases...

PS3 dominates.

Future releases we know of...

PS3 also dominates.

Apparently, Carl and I have different definitions of "Dominates". If by dominates you mean, character models have sharper outlines and shinier sniny-ness, then yes the PS3 exclusives dominate.

If you think thats the only differences than play Uncharted 2 and come back here. The good thing is that theres also less shiny-ness to where there shouldnt  :P.

tripleb2k said:
comparing Gears 2 and Uncharted 2 is a bit difficult. they're 2 separate beasts. Gears environments are often destroyed cities or underground structures. Uncharted is more jungle/ancient design with some city scape.
I think both games are beautiful to look at but what you're looking at is different between the games. if they shared more common environments, I think the arguments would be easier to make for one game over another.

Well you diffinition seems taken from Uncharted 1 where there was only jungle and ancient castle out of nowhere. Uncharted 2 haves everything: village, destroyed cities, mountains, underground cavern, temple, jungle, train, valleys. You should play it and stop being biase. It looks way better than anything out there, not speaking only of Xbox. Im still surprise by how much ahead it is compare too all other game this gen, I just cant understand how they did that in 18 months while other developer are not even near that level in the same period of time or more.

PS3 has the edge because BC bluray disks can hold higher quality textures.

There's a theory that if Microsoft invested in first party studios instead of DLC that we would be able to see the true power of the 360. Unfortunately MS doesn't seem interested in making this happen.

tripleb2k said:
yup, I just beat uncharted 2. a few similar chapters no doubt but still 2 different games.

haha these debates never end and it's the same silly points made over and over again. fanboys vs fanboys with no winner. it's like having a tug of war with yourself. no one will budge, and everyone will pull their hair out in frustration.

Yeah but its actually fan vs fanboy lol.

Around the Network

agreed

Steroid said:
PS3 has the edge because BC bluray disks can hold higher quality textures.

There's a theory that if Microsoft invested in first party studios instead of DLC that we would be able to see the true power of the 360. Unfortunately MS doesn't seem interested in making this happen.

Yeah its sure that blue-ray help a lot. But after playing Uncharted 2 im not sure it would be possible on my 360, all the smoke, the wind that moves the snow, fire that looks like CG, body that move like real life, no loading, no frame tearing... its just so much better than anything else that I still dont understand how they were able to go THAT ahead of the others.

Between its not for bragging but I play on a 92 inches widescreen (1080 p DLP projector with a graywolf 2 screen), since evrything is magnify by 4 times compare to a 42 inch TV, you see even more the differences compare to other games.

@icycedge

your right, even tho the 360 has a better GPU, It cannot do simple task such as snow and smoke oh and wind, Gears 2 made 360 RROD, Uncharted 2 = impossible just like Lair, Uncharted 1, MGS4,Resistance 1 & 2 and infamous oh and the oh so famous KZ2. If that is really more than the 360 can do im very sad that i paid $400 for SLIGHTLY better graphics. 

Dont you guys think these devs are just pulling your legs with the hole "only possible on "system BS. Uncharted 2 = 100% of the PS3 power, that means NO future games will look bette.

This is getting more and more obvious with the likes of MGS4, Uncharted 1-2, Killzone 2 etc. etc.

You all know Flower owns all.