By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

The bar for best graphics is always moving. This year happened to be a year in which the PS3 had some games that pushed the bar farther than any 360 game, without question.

But both systems graphically are pretty close when it comes down to it. I just hope that game companies will be able to keep pushing both machines until the next round of consoles come out.

Around the Network
Pipedream24 said:
The bar for best graphics is always moving. This year happened to be a year in which the PS3 had some games that pushed the bar farther than any 360 game, without question.

But both systems graphically are pretty close when it comes down to it. I just hope that game companies will be able to keep pushing both machines until the next round of consoles come out.

Thing is 360 is doing as good as it can, though Gears3 will be a true test if it can or cant be muh better.

PS3 games will continue to get better and better GOW3 next year, ND will waste anything in 2011 with UC3 360 wont ever agian take the crown of graphical top whore.

You guys are all wrong... Virtua Fighter 1 on Sega Saturn beats anything the PS3 has to offer, and, I'd say the Wii follows closely behind. Best graphics are the graphics that remind you you're ONLY playing a game, and so you don't forget to turn off the TV every once in a while. Find me a fighting game on the PS3 that lets you leap 11 feet in the air.... Yeah, thought so.

tripleb2k said:
comparing Gears 2 and Uncharted 2 is a bit difficult. they're 2 separate beasts. Gears environments are often destroyed cities or underground structures. Uncharted is more jungle/ancient design with some city scape.
I think both games are beautiful to look at but what you're looking at is different between the games. if they shared more common environments, I think the arguments would be easier to make for one game over another.

Not true have you played uncharted 2? There chapters set in warzone with destroyed landscapes everywhere, but its no comparison U2 details smash Gears2.Gears was a great game but there graphics cant compare to U2.I should say why debate about stuff like this but ive joined this site just to debate stuff like this .

yup, I just beat uncharted 2. a few similar chapters no doubt but still 2 different games.

haha these debates never end and it's the same silly points made over and over again. fanboys vs fanboys with no winner. it's like having a tug of war with yourself. no one will budge, and everyone will pull their hair out in frustration.

Around the Network
LF-A said:
Pipedream24 said:

Thing is 360 is doing as good as it can, though Geras will be a true test if it can or cant be muh better.

PS3 games will continue to get better and better GOW3 next year, ND will waste anything in 2011 with UC3 360 wont ever agian take the crown of graphical top whore.

This year is a weak year for 360 exclusives so the PS3 graphical advantage over 360 games is even more pronounced.  The only exclusive for the 360 that is graphically impressive this year is Forza 3 imo.  Naughty Dog has a developed a kick ass engine for the PS3 and currently  it is top dog.  Crytek's engine for the PS3 and 360 may push things even farther.  Just have to wait and see.  But until then, I'm still impressed with what both systems are doing graphically.

tripleb2k said:
yup, I just beat uncharted 2. a few similar chapters no doubt but still 2 different games.

haha these debates never end and it's the same silly points made over and over again. fanboys vs fanboys with no winner. it's like having a tug of war with yourself. no one will budge, and everyone will pull their hair out in frustration.

Your right but there should never be frustration involved with a good debate,after playing both games thats the conclusion i've come to as far as graphics go, and i also agree that most will not change there stance on the matter so there maybe no point in ever posting the decussion.

MGS4 and Heavy Rain both have graphics sim to GTA 4, The only reason why Heavy Rain is supposed to have good graphics is cause the facial details, but no doubt they are VERY good. MGS4 has bland textures.

@CGI

We all know L4D Cant be done on PS3

IMHO, MGS4 took the crown in 2008.

This year, Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 look better than any other console game.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

@CGI

It was a sarcastic post , Uncharted 2's backgrounds look better than Left 4 Dead lol.