By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 exclusives, best graphics on any console?

Unreal Engine 3 is so play out and outdated ...I'm sick and tired of playing a new game that feels and looks (not play) the same as a game from 2 or 3 years ago..

Every character from the UE3 for some reason they move and looks the same in a surtain way...Whats with the extra bloom effect and the gray, brown colors thats so popular with this engine, devs seems to over do it ..

UE3 has to go, I know is cheap for devs to license this engine but I seen enough rehash of the same engine over and over again..

Thats why 1st party games for the PS3 looks amazing from anything on the Xbox 360, because those engine made for the Ps3 are new and fresh of anything we have ever seen before on any console..

Microsoft should say enough with this old and much recycled UE3 to the devs and put out something different..

The only games that I could say made a good use of the Unreal Engine 3 from top of my head are Gears of War, Bioshock and Gran theft Auto than the mayority of games that uses the same engine are cash-in shovelware and mediocre games..

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network
dahuman said:
inverted3reality said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
LF-A said:
Ps3 wins hands down, this thread is pointless.

Old Uncharted1 beats anything on 360. U2 kills it.

Gears 2 and Forza 3 both look much better than Uncharted 1 and MGS4. Trust me, MGS4's textures weren't all that.

Now yes, Uncharted 2 is the console graphics king atm. So yes.

If you claim you haven't seen anything "close" to a PS3 exclusive, then you haven't played Forza 3 or Gears 2.

I sense a lot of hostility in this thread.

For now though, Uncharted 2 looks like shit compared to some Crysis mods. However, I think GT5 might step this console gen up a notch graphically.

I'd say that the HD twins are so close to each other, it's hard to tell a difference, even at the top exclusive level. IE Forza 3 vs KZ2, ect. :P

This gen so far, I'd say...

Crysis > Uncharted 2 > Forza 3 > KZ2 > Gears 2 > Uncharted 1 > MGS4 > everything else

Show me a single game on the xbox 360 that can touch this and maintain this frame rate.

CAUTION: HUGE MGS4 spoilers, and a very sad scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCytmtk6Sxg&feature=related

watch in HD

a side note, the only thing I really remember about MGS4 is that I was laughing my ass off to stuff like this a lot, the beauties were hot when I layed on the ground for them to ride me around, and I fkn hated Kojima for making me press the triangle button a million times non stop during that stuff you posted.

and I don't know what you are talking about when you say good graphics in MGS4, just look at this ingame video, horrible =P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL1nBwZsPik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOjuvnHBKXE

Watch it in HD. :P

Mvp4eVa said:

Unreal Engine 3 is so play out and outdated ...I'm sick and tired of playing a new game that feels and looks (not play) the same as a game from 2 or 3 years ago..

Every character from the UE3 for some reason they move and looks the same in a surtain way...Whats with the extra bloom effect and the gray, brown colors thats so popular with this engine, devs seems to over do it ..

UE3 has to go, I know is cheap for devs to license this engine but I seen enough rehash of the same engine over and over again..

Thats why 1st party games for the PS3 looks amazing from anything on the Xbox 360, because those engine made for the Ps3 are new and fresh of anything we have ever seen before on any console..

Microsoft should say enough with this old and much recycled UE3 to the devs and put out something different..

The only games that I could say made a good use of the Unreal Engine 3 from top of my head are Gears of War, Bioshock and Gran theft Auto than the rest of games that uses the same engine are cash-in shovelware and mediocre games..

you forgot Batman:AA

Mvp4eVa said:

The only games that I could say made a good use of the Unreal Engine 3 from top of my head are Gears of War, Bioshock and Gran theft Auto than the mayority of games that uses the same engine are cash-in shovelware and mediocre games..

Batman: Arkham Asylum looked great, then again, it was arguably better looking on the PS3 if not equal. And far better looking than Gears of war 2.

Bioshock was too shiney. Could you imagine a bioshock in the demon's souls engine? dear lord that would be scary.

inverted3reality said:
Mvp4eVa said:

Batman: Arkham Asylum looked great, then again, it was arguably better looking on the PS3 if not equal. And far better looking than Gears of war 2.

Bioshock was too shiney. Could you imagine a bioshock in the demon's souls engine? dear lord that would be scary.

I haven't played Batman:AA yet , But from what I know and heard about Batman:AA is the best selling superhero game ever, it plays great and looks amazing, also it made a good use of the UE3 ..

Bioshock may be a bit shiny but is nothing short of an ugly game, I will say to much bloom effect maybe?  but still made a good use of UE3..

Bioshock 2 will look twice as better than the 1ST one, hopefully this time around they will cut down on the shinyness and on some bloom effects.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network

It seems so, PS3 exclusives are the best on the console market now, and are setting benchmarks. It's nice to see exclusives really adding value to their home system.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

To be honest, though I normally avoid this kind of stuff, yes. But consider the following: which console has had more custom engines built exclusively for it?

yup, the PS3. Due to the nature of MS position, 360 does get some lovely games, but these mainly come from third party developers using existing engines - like Gears, for example.

Due to the high percentage of 1st/2nd party titles on PS3, it gets games like Killzone 2, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, etc with engines built and tailored to the PS3.

Essentially, I believe the PS3 has the advantage for exclusives, and because the consoles are fairly similar in power when you even out their differences, you would therefore expect the PS3 to see slightly better looking games technically as it's getting more 'love' with custom engines and technology.

360 has some terrific titles though, and while I think Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 are just that nose ahead of anything on 360, I don't think it's because 360 couldn't support them, just no-one is really supporting 360 with custom engines.

Consider, the only really high profile title on 360 on a custom engine I can think of is Halo 3 - and while Bungie are terrific developers in many ways they have never pushed high end graphics as part of their engine.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
To be honest, though I normally avoid this kind of stuff, yes. But consider the following: which console has had more custom engines built exclusively for it?

yup, the PS3. Due to the nature of MS position, 360 does get some lovely games, but these mainly come from third party developers using existing engines - like Gears, for example.

Due to the high percentage of 1st/2nd party titles on PS3, it gets games like Killzone 2, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, etc with engines built and tailored to the PS3.

Essentially, I believe the PS3 has the advantage for exclusives, and because the consoles are fairly similar in power when you even out their differences, you would therefore expect the PS3 to see slightly better looking games technically as it's getting more 'love' with custom engines and technology.

360 has some terrific titles though, and while I think Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 are just that nose ahead of anything on 360, I don't think it's because 360 couldn't support them, just no-one is really supporting 360 with custom engines.

Consider, the only really high profile title on 360 on a custom engine I can think of is Halo 3 - and while Bungie are terrific developers in many ways they have never pushed high end graphics as part of their engine.

exceelent post. Just that Uncharted 2 is a lot more than a nose above, it makes every other console game look bad.

Yeah there are a handfull of games on ps3 that look slightly better than the best 360 games, but there are numerous multi-plats that look better on 360. The difference is too small for me to really care between the two.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

PS3 FTW! =)