By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSWii both LESS than 30K in Japan....I'm VERY Worried about consoles!

They were hit by a freakin hurricane last week..

mM
Around the Network
Soriku said:

The Wii has NSMB Wii, Tales of Graces bundle, and Samurai Warriors 3 bundle along with a lot of other boosters coming this year. PS3 has FF XIII bundle and some other games. Keep in mind this is October.

I think they'll be fine.

Edit: SE should show off DQ X screens sometime soon.

PS3 has the PES bundle releasing in a couple of weels, that should boost hardware

mM

Very dead period, I'm not worried, the cut is there and it stays, when games releases pile up and Xmas season really starts, then there will be to worry if HW sales don't grow enough, but I'm quite confident both will do fine.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

WereKitten said:

Crashdown77 said:

In regards to the handheld gaming being so popular, have you seen an apartment in Tokyo? They are seiously around 350sq ft (~100 square meters) a 42" HDTV would fill their entire living room!

Technical fix: 350 ft^2 is about 32 m^2, in case any metric reader was wondering the 42" HDTV thing :)

Thats smaller than my lounge. Of course I don't trust you as mathematics was never your talent.

Tease.

Like I said before, this week's numbers are almost certianly skewed because of the typhoon. If next weeks sales are flat with this week then you can start to worry. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a surge next week (ie. around 40k for both). For now all we can do is wait.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
WereKitten said:

Crashdown77 said:

In regards to the handheld gaming being so popular, have you seen an apartment in Tokyo? They are seiously around 350sq ft (~100 square meters) a 42" HDTV would fill their entire living room!

Technical fix: 350 ft^2 is about 32 m^2, in case any metric reader was wondering the 42" HDTV thing :)

Thats smaller than my lounge. Of course I don't trust you as mathematics was never your talent.

Whatever the mathmatics work out to, it's tiny. I was watching House Hunters International (great show if you are into real estate and architecture, I am engaged to a designer, so I kinda have to be) and this gal paid 3/4 of a million dollars for a 400 sq ft apartment, AFTER the real estate market crashed. She didn't have a stove, or a separate sitting/living room. She got it because it had a balcony, which makes sense. I just don't think that sitting in your living room is a thing that the Japanese do quite as often as us westerners. Particularly Americans, because everyone knows we are all fat and lazy.

im suprised they even sold 30k..

mM

Lets look a little more in depth at this.

Wii price cut week 1 with Wii Fit plus: 32k.
Week 2: 29k
Drop of about 9%.

Ps3 last week: 37k
this week: 29k
Drop of about 22%

LAST YEAR:
Wii: 22000 (up 30%!)
Ps3: 5875 (up 400%!)

TWO YEARS AGO:
Ps3: 11000 (up 250%!)

Wii is doing better than it EVER HAS in Japan SAME WITH ps3!

I'd say the price cuts worked wonders.

ph4nt said:
Lets look a little more in depth at this.

Wii price cut week 1 with Wii Fit plus: 32k.
Week 2: 29k
Drop of about 9%.

Ps3 last week: 37k
this week: 29k
Drop of about 22%

LAST YEAR:
Ps3: 5875 (up 400%!)

TWO YEARS AGO:
Ps3: 11000 (up 250%!)

Wii is doing better than it EVER HAS in Japan SAME WITH ps3!

I'd say the price cuts worked wonders.

I agree.. Price cut has done wonders for PS3 n it is keeping the Wii sales stable which is also a very good achievement.

Both has decent line up for Holiday period n sales will definitely boast for both. n i think PS3 will get a bigger boast because of redesign n Price cut n Wii will manage to do last yr's amazing numbers or may slightly better than them.. 

Crashdown77 said:
Looks like I was correct in naming you Darthy Downer.

In regards to the handheld gaming being so popular, have you seen an apartment in Tokyo? They are seiously around 350sq ft (~100 square meters) a 42" HDTV would fill their entire living room! They don't spend all day in their houses either, there is a lot of time spent with family and friends in outside meeting places. You can't bring your PS3 along on jaunts like that. I mean there are 128 million people there, in a country smaller than the state of Texas! Space is a real issue. By the way, that 100 square meter apartment in Tokyo would cost you $750,000.

I know this is off topic and nit picky, but you are using the wrong conversion factor.

Yes feet to meters is 1 Foot = 0.3048 Meters (similar to what you posted), however, you are talking about area, and the conversion from square feet to square meters is 1 Square Foot = 0.0929 Square Meters.