By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSWii both LESS than 30K in Japan....I'm VERY Worried about consoles!

PS3 continues to plummet.

Around the Network
astrosmash said:
Crashdown77 said:
Looks like I was correct in naming you Darthy Downer.

In regards to the handheld gaming being so popular, have you seen an apartment in Tokyo? They are seiously around 350sq ft (~100 square meters) a 42" HDTV would fill their entire living room! They don't spend all day in their houses either, there is a lot of time spent with family and friends in outside meeting places. You can't bring your PS3 along on jaunts like that. I mean there are 128 million people there, in a country smaller than the state of Texas! Space is a real issue. By the way, that 100 square meter apartment in Tokyo would cost you $750,000.

I know this is off topic and nit picky, but you are using the wrong conversion factor.

Yes feet to meters is 1 Foot = 0.3048 Meters (similar to what you posted), however, you are talking about area, and the conversion from square feet to square meters is 1 Square Foot = 0.0929 Square Meters.

Yep 350 square feet isn't 100 square meter :P

100 square meter appartment is considered luxuary in Paris lol.

350 square feet = 35 square meter

I had a 22 square meters appartment as a student ( 220 square feet) and once I started to work I got a 52 square meter appartment ( 520 square feet).

Typically a couple with kids will have 500-700 square feet appartment if they live within Paris( bigger costs a lot and french people don't have access to the same kind of credit as americans ( we don't do 30 mortgage..). 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Wii is slowing down.

I see way too many western games here, so PS3 is suffering from this a tad.

lol... Not to worry tho, as there are some big Jap heavy hitters coming for both.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

@ph4nt

You are exactly spot on. These current sales numbers are very, very good for this time of year.

Funny, people expect the sales to exceed 50 thousand every week in Japan, which is nowhere near normal.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

@Ali

I'm living in Japan in a shoe box appartment (6x4 meter, or 12 tatami), tho, in Australia the appartments are MASSIVE and mine is a mansion compared to this, just like in America, cause the U.S & Aussie both have the crucial thing; SPACE.

Around the Network

The japanese audience is more into handhelds. Consoles are on the way out. This isnt a new trend

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

we all know they prefer miniture stuff in japan......apart from their wrestlers and carp...oh and probably a few other things i wouldn't know about.....

i know this is a sales site but seriously what is it that you are worried about.......i don't think japan is going to stop making and playing games,i think there is quite a few consoles being used in japan

i do think this holidays will be a bumper sales splurge because people around the world have been alot more thrifty recently....for obvious reasons......

japan won't let you down.......they are nuts for their gadgets

Above & Beyond

trestres said:

@johnsobas: Wii sales aren't "Way up" from last year like you imply. According to VGChartz, sales since the release of MH3 are 336k for this year, while they were 331k for the same period last year. That's flat, not way up.

Plus I would be a bit worried because this year the Wii got MH3, WSR, Wii Fit+, Price cut, Black Console, Classic Controller Pro and MH3 Bundles in the period you gave. Last year it had nothing comparable yet it sold about the same.

that is not what i said, i said that was one of the factors that sales are up for CONSOLES YOY.  I never singled out the wii, that is not the point of this thread.  The point is that they were way down YOY, now due to these factors consoles are way up and they will continue to be up from here on.  As i mentioned hardware sales were horrible in november and december, and they will improve this year.  Wii did really good for most of last year but it died off tremendously late in the year.  The highest week last year for the wii was the same as the highest week in the gamecube's equivilent year and that was a console that sold 4 million.  PS3 will be way up YOY, and Wii is may be flat or down a little from here on, but that's still a plus for overall console sales.

oh and that game that you said bombed because it only sold 10% of shipment first day has sold out of the first shipment by now and has got more legs in it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

They need Blacula

Japan is domed.