By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: ATI already WON Nex-GEN Xbox deal (Xbox 720)...2012!!

im not sure if its true but i wouldnt doubt it. The 360s GPU is a great piece of technology and ATI is the best GPU producer in terms of Performance/$. So i wouldnt be surprised if ATI makes the next GPU. And Legacy support would amazing!

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network
lhill8181 said:

how can you people say ati card is better then the nvidea in the ps3, ps3 graphics are much better, 360 has some good looking games to but nothing even close to killzone 2, uncharted 1 and 2 , infamous, , its clear sony has the edge on graphics, look at halo odst, the newest  just ok, nothing special, animations an faces were horrible, the outside buildings were ok. stop hating or get a pair of glasses, the graphics winner is clearly ps3, i own both and play both

First off, graphics aren't everything.  There are reasons why Killzone 2 looks so good, mostly because of the lack of co-op or splitscreen.  Second the RSX in the PS3 is inferior to the 360 ATI Xenos GPU.  The reason the PS3 has a few games that look better than 360 games is because of a) long development time with a custom ground up PS3 engine, and b) the Cell BE CPU can help the RSX do demanding graphics work.

So any game that looks better than anything available on 360 is because the Cell is handling a portion of the graphics load.

Nice of you to try and claim you are unbiased, by the way, but it isn't hiding anything.  You are such a troll to think Halo ODST is the 360's newest graphical masterpiece.  It's running off of the exact same engine Halo 3 used 2 years ago!  Oh and inFamous is by and large no where near comparable with graphical powerhouse games like Uncharted, Gears, Killzone, etc.

student said:
Sounds interesting, a lot of big news on this front today.

What are the other news??

Xbox 720...final fantasy "7" remake- the "2"nd with a "0" percent chance of me being wrong!?

ffvii remake confirmed darth! it's confirmed!

While I think 2012 will see new hardware, I think this rumor is rubbish as I am certain MSony had no plans to launch new consoles in 2010. 2011 is the earliest we'll see anything and they'll launch late 2012.

Around the Network

Just make sure the heat sink is properly done from the get go.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Acevil said:
What I find incorrect is 2010 statement, 2012 has always been the target for technology to swift.

I bet MS wanted 2010. The Xbox only had a 4 year life. I believe that statement to be true. 

My theory is they were going to release a new console in 2010 along with NATAL. 

Chairman-Mao said:
Acevil said:
What I find incorrect is 2010 statement, 2012 has always been the target for technology to swift.

I bet MS wanted 2010. The Xbox only had a 4 year life. I believe that statement to be true.

My theory is they were going to release a new console in 2010 along with NATAL.

Nvidia was the reason why the xbox's lifespan was 4 years not MS.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

considering how their failure to make a decent contract with Nvidia for the original Xbox, which led to its death, I didnt think Microsoft would even think about Nvidia.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

1337 Gamer said:
im not sure if its true but i wouldnt doubt it. The 360s GPU is a great piece of technology and ATI is the best GPU producer in terms of Performance/$. So i wouldnt be surprised if ATI makes the next GPU. And Legacy support would amazing!

At the moment yes but it wasn't too long ago when nvidia was the best.(first DX10 cards) Tide can turn fast in GPU market.