By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: ATI already WON Nex-GEN Xbox deal (Xbox 720)...2012!!

2010?!? What a load of crap!
I think Microsoft is already thinking about the new Xbox, which will be anounced at the E3 2011, after the buzz of Natal is gone, and released in October 2012/13.

Around the Network

That'd give Natal a mere 1,5 year till the E3 2012 announcement of the nextbox

It's a good move for M$ if true, since ATI/AMD needs to money, and will therefore be more willing to offer a better deal, but I'm curious as to the CPU...is it going to be the same, or is it going to shift to AMD or Intel.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

This sounds made up

Can't wait till halo reach and gears of war 3 and splinter cell conviction

Around the Network

I'm just excited about hearing rumours about a new console, i'm excited for the next gen even now, ahhhh, the possiblities :D

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

LtSombreChief said:
This sounds made up

90% of fudzilla is..

I am not an expert with all this hardware or ATi vs Nvidia stuff, but I do like the graphics on my Xbox360, so I am fine with that.

2012 would be 7 years of Xbox360. That is actually 1 more year than the PS2 had before the PS3 was released. I really think 6 or 7 years should be enough for one console. This is such a dynamic market and to have one product out for 7 years (or 8 / 9 or how long it wil be on sale) is quite a while.

So:

• 8 GB Ram
  • 350 GB HDD
  • 32 core CPU
  • HVD Disc
  • Natal included

for $199 at launch please.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Article is bogus..but I would bet money that Nvidia will never be on a MS console again after the way they continually tried to bend them over last gen. 2012 does sound about right though...that will give next gen data storage time to really get a firm grasp on which direction its going to take and frankly by then all of the consoles will be looking a bit long in the tooth.

no comment......