By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: ATI already WON Nex-GEN Xbox deal (Xbox 720)...2012!!

nojustno said:
LtSombreChief said:
This sounds made up

90% of fudzilla is..

And the other 10% is nVidia FUD.

Around the Network

HD-dvd drive included with Wi-Fi on board and Natal? ... Ok, just Natal then, with a free mini game demo disk for Natal?

But if it has to be even more Hi-def than the 360, then it would be really better to put games on HD-dvd/Blu-ray.

Most likely a steaming pile. This kind of leak happens only months b4 a release and even then MSFT would have NDAs on its NDAs. + the 28nm is a giveaway. That process, so far as I know, has not been invented, or if it has, utilized on a mass scale. Most likely it will be a 32nm process for a 2013-14 Xbox "Phoenix" - yeah, that is Redmond's project name for it

I can't see MS going back to NVidia after what happened with the XBox.
Timeline sounds reasonable too as it would be a Q4 2012 release which is still 3 years away

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

but M$ has RROD

Around the Network
heruamon said:
tedsteriscool said:
I hope we have at least 3 years left. Consoles and games are expensive; they need to pay themselves off (which will take longer than last gen due to inflated pricing).

This...games prices need to start dropping first before people start talking about new consoles.  It can't cost as much anymore to develop games for these systems...c'mon!

No. He means that the consoles have to pay back the money they have cost MS and Sony. Both have just barely started breaking even (I assume. I know nothing about MS, but Sony posted overall profits for their gaming division this year). Development costs for a high budget HD game are, well, high, since what is actually costing them time and money are the art assets. Programming may have gotten a bit cheaper, but matters much less.