By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RUMOR: ATI already WON Nex-GEN Xbox deal (Xbox 720)...2012!!

Thank god, im getting tired of this gen, i mean i love it as much as the next person, but by 2012 i want my 720! 

That will be about right IMO.

Around the Network
Steroid said:
The 360 will be 7 years old by 2012. It's not inconceivable.

Not really, Microsoft are obviously taking Natal seriously, it's up in the air if it will suceed or not (though I'm sure you have a very unbiased opinion formed on that already) if natal doesn't do anywhere near what Microsoft had hoped, then they might call it a day by the end of 2011, a year of fighting for it.

If Natal is a hit, you don't think it can carry the system for a mere 2 years?

Sounds interesting, a lot of big news on this front today.

From my understanding, Sony didn't use Ati nor Nvidia, but went in a different direction. Nintendo and ATI also have had a strong relationship since 1999, when they started developing the GameCube GPU.

If this news is accurate at all, we might see a very close resemblance between the next MS system and the next Nintendo system, since the next big N system has already set plans to be HD.

bardicverse said:
From my understanding, Sony didn't use Ati nor Nvidia, but went in a different direction. Nintendo and ATI also have had a strong relationship since 1999, when they started developing the GameCube GPU.

If this news is accurate at all, we might see a very close resemblance between the next MS system and the next Nintendo system, since the next big N system has already set plans to be HD.

Sony's RSX GPU is an Nvidia product.  Or do you mean for their next console they use neither?

Around the Network

how can you people say ati card is better then the nvidea in the ps3, ps3 graphics are much better, 360 has some good looking games to but nothing even close to killzone 2, uncharted 1 and 2 , infamous, , its clear sony has the edge on graphics, look at halo odst, the newest  just ok, nothing special, animations an faces were horrible, the outside buildings were ok. stop hating or get a pair of glasses, the graphics winner is clearly ps3, i own both and play both

Nightsurge -Thank you for the correction/information.

Seece said:
Steroid said:
The 360 will be 7 years old by 2012. It's not inconceivable.

Not really, Microsoft are obviously taking Natal seriously, it's up in the air if it will suceed or not (though I'm sure you have a very unbiased opinion formed on that already) if natal doesn't do anywhere near what Microsoft had hoped, then they might call it a day by the end of 2011, a year of fighting for it.

If Natal is a hit, you don't think it can carry the system for a mere 2 years?

I think 2012 whether Natal is a huge hit or not is a good time frame for the next console.  Especially if they can guarantee bc with every 360 game and Natal+360 game.  An improved Natal with NextBox would mean developers could capitalize on the larger install base by developing for the 360 for a few more games and that would in turn extend the life of the 360 as well as help the NextBox and Natal 2.0 (much like the PS1 and PS2 lasted past their generation).

lhill8181: Do your homework man...

I would expect MS to stick with ATI, the 2010 mention seems way off, so I think this is pure guesswork.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...