By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Achievements vs Trophies

Achievments never interesteted me, trophies are better showing the difficulty in achieving them. Plus there is nothing equivalent to the platinum trophy for achievments.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Granny Smith apples are delicious.

We have a winner. If only they were red.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I hate how alot of games got trophies after I already beat them, but I have been replaying uncharted and gettingthoose trophies I deserved. It has made the secound play through alot funner. And I rented ODST and played the game COOP on my Bro's 360 because the achievments really are a boring system to me. He wanted them win, win for us both.

Red apples are like trophies. And I prefer both! ;)

Dianko said:
gamelover2000 said:
Achievements are not more original then Trophies.. Multiplat games have the same trophies/achievements and exclusives on both platforms have their lame achievements/trophies.. saying Achievements are more original is a invalid argument

One could argue that achievements are more original simply based on the fact that Sony probably copied MS in deciding to implement trophies (trophies and achievements are genius imo. So many of my friends love getting them, and having those artificial goals in a game keeps those less dedicated playing).

I like both. The tiered system of trophies is very nice, as well as the leveling system. But there is somethign to be said for the simplicity of a score. Maybe something that incorporates both next gen?

with more original I did not mean the system itself but the task behind a achievement (Complete game on hard difficulty for example)..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

trophies, the level up system is just alot better, if not you can go by plats, its just alot of fun to see yourself level up, even though its impossible after lvl 18 lol

gamelover2000 said:
Dianko said:
gamelover2000 said:
Achievements are not more original then Trophies.. Multiplat games have the same trophies/achievements and exclusives on both platforms have their lame achievements/trophies.. saying Achievements are more original is a invalid argument

One could argue that achievements are more original simply based on the fact that Sony probably copied MS in deciding to implement trophies (trophies and achievements are genius imo. So many of my friends love getting them, and having those artificial goals in a game keeps those less dedicated playing).

I like both. The tiered system of trophies is very nice, as well as the leveling system. But there is somethign to be said for the simplicity of a score. Maybe something that incorporates both next gen?

with more original I did not mean the system itself but the task behind a achievement (Complete game on hard difficulty for example)..

Ah, I see. I agree then. I dislike those games with trophies/achievements that seem like an afterthrought.

Achievements>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trophies

I don't even bother going after trophies

Achievements are better imo, good feeling to it lol

Hapimeses said:
Duh! Red Apples, of course. They're shinier. And taste sweeter. Those who like Green Apples are losers.

Red apples are disgusting. They're all mushy and horrible. Green apples are crisp and sweet-sour. Delicious.

The worst, though, are Golden Delicious. You think they're green apples, but they're really red apples which are green.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective