By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Achievements vs Trophies

Which do you prefer? Red Apples or Green Apples?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Duh! Red Apples, of course. They're shinier. And taste sweeter. Those who like Green Apples are losers.

^yer RED FTW :)

I just found out cheat savegames are not allowed by MS and itll reset your gamerscore + cheater on your XBL gamercard..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Granny Smith apples are delicious.

Achievements because they're in every game and there are some really memorable achievements (like jumping off the agency tower in crackdown).

I think achievements and trophies should be less about completing certain levels or beating a game on a higher difficulty and more about one off specific feats.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Achievements are more varied and thats the main reason I like them better.

For you guys that haven't experienced both trophies and achievements I just don't see how you can say you prefer one over the other. It would be like me saying I like a whopper better than the big mac without trying them both. You just can't do it and be fair. The big mac has enough on it to be enjoyable but the whopper has EVERY thing!

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

The_God_of_War said:
Trophies are better (tiered system > random growing number) but Achievements are implemented better (in every game, quicker to load up).

And I like getting platinums too!

Oh, I much prefer red apples

Youre all crazy... red apples are only good if they are candy apples!

I find they tend to be much sweeter

Achievements. My current trophy list makes me feel a bit sad.