By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Achievements vs Trophies

I agree with everyone that says they like trophies because of the RPG like leveling

system. That alone makes you want to keep getting them all until you get the "sweet" and

highly coveted platinum. My brother who has a 360 rarely gets all the needed achievements

for each game, why? Well I think it is because they are not necessary due to the fact at the

end of the day all you get is a gamer number that determines rank. Why ace a game when

you can catch x amount of points just for completing some parts of many games.

My opinion is achievements are for people who like to game a little here and there and

Trophies are for the truly dedicated who wish to conquer all games that comes in their path at

100%. Heck since I got my ps3 and my brother got his 360 I have found that he has started

playing more multiplats on my ps3 because he cares more for his trophy level then his gamer

score. (mind you we own 2 ps3's and one 360 at my home and he is my kid brother that lives with me).

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Since trophies aren't in some of my PS3 games, I don't even bother with them. I love achievements, though. Even my kid is a trophy fiend. She has about 3000+ GS.

Freudian slip?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I'm not a huge fan of either. Once I beat a game I'm done,unless it has a good online component like call of duty.

gurglesletch said:
Trophies because they have a leveling system

indeed the levelling system is awesome!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1052005p1.html

^^ If anybody wants to read IGN's opinion between the two. 

Achievements. I just love to have a GS then tiered trophy system. Both have their perks but I love my X360 achievements especially the sound it make when you get an achievement is music to my ears.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

Trophies, I enjoy the level system with them

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Also the trophy noise releases a stimulant in my brain which makes me to want more of them. I am not joking either

I prefer trophies, the whole level system and different varieties of trophies make it easier to distinguish veteran players from the casuals. too bad they came late, about half of my games are trophy enabled, would like to see some more trophy patches.