By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Bioshock

All you have to do is put what score you think the game below deserves, and write a brief explanation as to why it deserves that score.

Voting is open for 24 hours, after the 24 hour period I will count up all the scores and get the average of the game.  I will be putting up a new thread with a new game every 24 hours

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it

(playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game)

2. Users with less than 100 posts cannot score a game unless they back up their post with very good reasons as to why they rated it so.

3. scores have to be on a 10 point scale with 7 being average, and anything longer than 2 digits (EG: 9.8) won't be counted.

4. If you score a game under a 5, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

5. A game must have at least 5 people that gave it a score to be counted.

6. If you score a game more than once none of your scores will count

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's game is Bioshock

And the score is 8.9!

I would give this game a 9.6

+ Graphics (especially the water), good story, extremely fun gameplay, tons of different powers and guns to use.

- Boss battle was too easy

Vgchartz top 12 rated games

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)--9.52

2. Super Mario Galaxy(Wii)--9.39

3. Halo 3(360)--9.13

4. Batman: Arkham Asylum(Mulit)--9.01

5. Halo 3: ODST(360)--8.95

6. Bioshock(Multi)--8.90

7. Prototype(Multi)--8.88

8. Call of Duty 4(Multi)--8.86

9. Gears of War 2(360)--8.83

10. Infamous(PS3)--8.74

11. Fallout 3(Multi)--8.01

12. Dirt 2(Multi)--7.83

Tomorrows game is Uncharted

To view a list of all games from every ranking game thread click here.

Thanks for participating

Around the Network

+ atmosphere
+ story
+ great use of the UE3
+ lengthy
+ cool achievements

- end boss battle

Good

Design, atmosphere, basic plot, variety of gameplay, intelligence on display and a great opening set of levels, plus some good twists and a number of great 'missions'

Bad

Poor character models, shooting not great, loses plot at the end, fairly weak 'moral choice' mechanic.

I like Bioshock a lot, but to me it's a somewhat dumbed down Deus Ex and System Shock (1&2). Also, the shooting felt weak to me and while the levels looked really nice the character models seemed average to me, plus I really felt they totally lost track of the plot in the final stretch.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Nice story, sound, gameplay, atmosphere, but I wasn't a big fan of the ending.

Around the Network

Lenghty single player, feels quite weird and unique in a good way, good graphics with well polished assets and great atmosphere. Only real downers, no multi-player and the puzzle games get repetitive, especially for a second playthrough.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I was a Wii only owner from the time the day the Wii came out until the day this game released.

About time you got to this.

BioShock is one of my favourite games of all time.

9.7/10

+Incredible atmosphere
+Fantastic voice acting
+Huge amounts of interactivity with the environment
+Awesome artistic design and graphics, especially the water
+Great story
+Many customisation options
+Plasmids
+Tonics
+Customisable weapons
+Big Daddies and Little Sisters
+Pretty much EVERYTHING.

-Final boss battle was too easy. Yeah, everyone's said it
-Game loses a bit of variety towards the end
-Occasional slowdown, rare crashes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Metroid Prime 3 should be next.

9.4? i dunno, more than 9 anyway.

my first FPS, and i thought it was just amazing. it scared me, it was creepy and the water frightened me. ;_; the only thing that bugged me at all was the hacking puzzles, too same-y. and that clown's laugh. omg. but i loved the plasmids, the whole Art Deco-inspired Rapture and the exact moment where i realised i'd been had. DAMN YOU ATLAS!!! all amazing.

but as has been said so many times already, the boss battle was so easy, even i could do it.. and i was a n00b. lol. but the story was awesome. :D

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.