By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The vgchartz ranking game--Bioshock

+ already mentioned in the thread

- Linear. Enemies re-spawn too much.

Around the Network

+ Good athmosphere
- Bad character/monster designs

+ Fantastic atmosphere and presentation; interesting plot concepts.
+ Variety of weapons and plasmids to play with; different combinations play very differently.
+ Big Daddies are one of the best character designs this gen.
- Gameplay becomes repetitive before the end.

There are quite a few games that I like more that I would rate lower, but if any game this gen actually deserved a perfect score, I think this might be it. It is unique, beautiful, scary, twisted, brilliant, stunning, fun, imaginative, well I could go on and on. The only negative I could really throw it's way is a lackluster ending. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter, because you'll probably find yourself replaying the game as soon as you beat it regardless.

PS3 Trophies

Great setting and story. Graphics are great + the art direction is the best i have ever seen in a game.
Gameplaywise, it might seem too easy at some points.

Around the Network

Pros:
Good story up to a point
Atmosphere
Graphics, especially of the water at the time
Some cool plasmids

Cons:
Moral choice was made a bit redundant by the fact you never see the consequences of harvesting a little sister
Endings are crap
No multiplayer
Minigames/puzzles were a bit annoying after a while
Feels like a step down from System shock 2 and Deus Ex

Citan said:
- Bad character/monster designs

Whoot ? O_o

Bioshock 9.2-3

Good: The best atmosphere of any game ever. Good story, graphics, setting, and combat. And Sander fuckin' Cohen.
Bad: final boss battle was bit of a letdown, some bugs and graphical hick ups.
Ugly: ps3 exclusive content, yuck.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

7.9/10

Bioshock is build to be a movie. I'm sure it will be an awesome movie (a lot better than the game)

+ Great atmosphere

- Graphics are really bizarre. I know they're not that bad but I think it looks very ugly in motion.
- Horrible controls
- Very repetitive environnement
- It's just not fun to play.

I found it to be overhyped.