By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Silent Hill on Wii because Wii users aren't hardcore

MontanaHatchet said:
Konami should up development on the Wii, but don't be offended when they have a reason for not putting a game on other platforms. The Wii can't have all the games in the world.

Anyways, I've noticed the 2 typical responses I was watching for:

"I don't care/haven't heard about the game/series"

or...

"It won't sell well"

Come on people, be more clever.

True, but I think the primary concern here is the reason given, not the fact its not being ported. I'm pretty sure no one here had any ambitions of this being on the Wii to begin with.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Konami should up development on the Wii, but don't be offended when they have a reason for not putting a game on other platforms. The Wii can't have all the games in the world.

or...

"It won't sell well"

I didn't say it wouldn't sell, I just think that the Wii not being "Hard-Core" enough is just (at best) a very poorly defined, vague reason.

If they mean not "Hard-Core" in that the Wii has not seen massive sales in "Mature" games are they going to reconsider if Manhunt 2 sells well? If they mean not "Hard-Core" in that some of the Wii's best selling games have been non-traditional genres are they (completely) ignoring games like Zelda, Paper Mario and Metroid?

I can accept that they might be correct in assuming that the XBox 360 version will sell better, but saying the Wii is not "Hard-Core" is a very poor reason.

It sucks.

mM

O_O Does this guy work for a company, cause with his answer he doesn't seem like, I could talk to my brother and he would give me a better answer..... I think that nintendo has the most hardcore gamers out of all, Can't handle on the wii, did they tried, or is it an excuse?

yer wii play is selling cause of being bundled.

I got 4 copies myself. I use them for trade ins at EB games lol.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

or...

"It won't sell well"

I have played all the games and I care (sort of). I still think it wont sell well.

SH was great. It was a RE clone in most of its gameplay, but had a unique feel. SH 2 was love or hate. I hate it, but I understand why it is a fan favorite. The gameplay sucked much more than SH, all enemies are brown manequins, bosses are not very unique and pyramid head are Nemesis wannabes. The plot is good but not implemented very well. SH 3 tried too hard. It is just more of the same, feels like a sidestory. Sometimes they try so hard to scare the shit out of you that it ends up being funny. SH 4 is my favorite. They made some changes to give life back to the series, but the gameplay is the worst so far. The plot is my favorite.

So what do you expect from SH sales? SH 2 made it over 1 m, but like all SH sold poorly in Japan. Do you expect SH5 to do any better (or even half) in a much smaller genre oriented user base?

Anothe issue: How can SH feel like a new or fresh game? Adding a necrosed penis shaped monters that spits blood may get repulsiveness awards, but that wont help the game sales.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

hum,

that is the problem of the Wii,
Everybody see it as a casual console EVEN IF all the nintendo hardcore gamer are behind the console.

I m sure a good SH5/RE5 could be done on the Wii (the hardware is sufficiently powerfull) but because nobody (I mean developpers) WANT, no multiplateform for the Wii.

This is the only problem of the Wii so far.

Time to Work !

DAISUKI AKIRA YAMAOKA ;).

He says the same thing like I said months ago but then all you guys were laughing because I said that and that developpers are not thinking the same like me :(.

Most attackers either say "Wii owners are all kiddies" or "Wii owners are all previous GC owners"...which will they stick with?

I don't think he has any evidence to support the idea that there are no "hardcore" Wii users...I wish he'd just make the game and see how it does...it'll be cheaper development and the install base is big, so it's not a huge risk! Developing for the PSP is probably a bigger risk.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Like most people that say something like this under a company, in the next few days they'll come out and say the entire next thing cause they were threatened to be fire by their company haha. Saw the same thing with a lot of devs. Not to mention Konami really needs to be on the good side of Wii gamers and they can't afford to have jackasses like this mess that up.