By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Silent Hill on Wii because Wii users aren't hardcore

I wonder what he'll be saying next year around this time...

Around the Network

""""I don't think he has any evidence to support the idea that there are no "hardcore" Wii users...I wish he'd just make the game and see how it does...it'll be cheaper development and the install base is big, so it's not a huge risk! Developing for the PSP is probably a bigger risk.""""

==> I completely agree.
but what will change their mind ??

Time to Work !

Considering Capcom and Ubisofts's 'Mature' RE4 and Red Steel sold better than both of Konami's Elebits (Very Good, though. 'Kiddy 'style scared people away) and Dewey's Adventure (Played it. Too cute. Only decent) combined, I would really like to see where he is gathering his facts from.

Bah, what does Konami know about hardcore?

Where's the damn nudity? It's already rated freakin M so give us something. You can get away with topless shots in an M rated game, God of War did. =P

Anyways, how the hell would Konami know what Wii owners want? All they've done so far is have one of thier low end teams make two super cute games that didn't sell well and weren't advertised at all, and a DDR game which also received no advertising. They should take a page from Capcom, try porting one of thier "hardcore" titles onto the Wii, see how it does. Hell port Rumble Roses, motion controls seem like a good fit for it. XD

Im a Wii owner but hes right.....The hardcore gamer that is going to go out and buy lots of titles own 360's the proof is in the software sales.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Im a Wii owner but hes right.....The hardcore gamer that is going to go out and buy lots of titles own 360's the proof is in the software sales.

Being a wii owner must mean what you say is 100% true then huh?

CDiablo said:

No. The proof would be if most of the 360 3rd-party games were on the Wii, and recieved the same amount of acclaim, but didn't sell well.

As is it, the games on the Wii tend to be put together more poorly than versions on the 360 version, so your claim of it being the userbase is without merit until the actual game development catches up. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Just remember people -- there are some Japanese developers who try to be more Western than Japanese (think Techmo and DOA). So they look to the American market, see what people there want and deliver it. Not many people in NA play Hello Kitty. Not many people in Japan play Halo (though more than in North America play Hello Kitty).

Also, remember that not every game is coming to every console and whether or not we like to admit it, there are differences between those who have the Wii (we like casual games) and the Xbox 360 (we like shooting $#!+ and cursing about it over Xbox Live). I will make no comment about the PS3 because I don't know anyone who actually plays that system.

If Silent Hill is not coming to the Wii -- so what. I'm still bumed that Omega Race did not make it to the Intellivision (I even remember it showing up in a Musicland (Sam Goody's) ad). So I played the Atari 2600 version and the Colecovision version.

The lesson here is that so long as we don't have EA's common platform, it will be necessary to own multiple platforms or to make choices. But life goes on (unless of course you tell the computer you want to play Thermonuclear War ... then you start playing War Games for the Colecovision).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

CDiablo said:

So this makes Nintendo the hardcorest software developer ever.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

This guy doesn't even know the meaning of Wii. It's a console supposed to be for EVERYONE, casuals and hardcore gamers ali alike.
There's proof a "mature hardcore gamer title" can sell on Wii, such as RE4, a two year old remake that's managed to sell 400,000+ copies in NA alone.
I'm not saying this next installment of Silent Hill will match the level of greatness that RE4 produced, but what I am saying is that if done right, with some effort, this game could be big on Wii. The audience is definetly there.
Konami needs to take some risks with Wii, risks that aren't necessarily geared toward the casual/non-gamer audience. Who knows, it could end up being big.