By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Silent Hill on Wii because Wii users aren't hardcore

YOU THINK konami would know better, after the casual dewys adventure was a monsterous flop that probably lost them a ton of money. Elebits got lucky it was a launch title. Hardcore games do just as good on the wii, as long as they are properly marketed. I go into a gamestop and I see the (casual people) playing the metroid prime 3.

When people think casual you think of ur soccer mom, ur grandma, etc...  they truley make up a fraction of the wii population, I for a fact dont know anyone besides hardcore gamers (around 5-6 guys) who own a wii, no mommys here.   I know they are out there but they are truley a tiny fraction.  There is no such thing as a casual system,  people buy what's marketed to them.   

Around the Network

Konami also has always had a great deal invested in Sony (and more recently in MS) so its not surprising to see them somewhat adverse to supporting a Nintendo product when not humoring it with feigned attempts at casual audience games. Like every company they need to maintain the illusion of supporting all sides, but that illusions grows thin when press announcements like these give them an opportunity to creatively voice their opinion of certain consoles. This observation is supported by sheer lack of advertising support we've seen Konami titles for Nintendo consoles recieve in the past.