By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Silent Hill on Wii because Wii users aren't hardcore

Oh rats Konami... of course, the company which creates WII games but is too "damn" lazy to advertise them, so they bomb in sales.... on purpose. Like someone mentioned here before... and then Konami will say... well we've tried to create games for on the WII, but they didn't sell.... and then they wonder how in earth that was possible, the WII sells so great, duh.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Lol, he fail.

Because this alot of games you can buy, if you +18 years old... and this is the first year of Wii. I wonder how much games coming, that will be over 18... 

aw well! i guess we can rely on konami to offer nintendo consoles great games like.............................................................................yu-gi-oh?.................................*stabs self in hand

I'm 28 and it looks like I will only own a Wii console this gen, and I consider myself a core gamer. (20-30 hours a week on core games, and the occasional non-core game fun-ness)

The only 3 Konami franchises I want on Wii are

1) Zone of the Enders
2) Suikoden
3) Contra

I couldn't care less about the rest of the franchises (I rented Metal Gear and got bored and frustrated with it, I got stuck at the laser-hallway)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

There are a lot of wannabe hardcore out there, many of them are on 360 and PS3

Around the Network

I'm not a big fan of Konami but titles like MGS and Silent Hill would always be appreciated, I can't deny that, even if I do feel Silent Hill has been starkly downhill since the second installment. Eitherway life is life, one can always hope the games does poorly enough (which I doubt will be the case) that they will need to port it to the Wii, but who knows.

If they just skip the Wii, they will be burnt.

Wait for Fatal Frame to get released, and do well - as Wii owners clamour for a real horror/scare title (rather than a gore title, aka ManHunt).

Maybe then Konami will have to change their minds.

I'd love to play Silent Hill on the Wii - it could be awesome, and really scary.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

MontanaHatchet said:
I hate to say this, but the highest selling, non bundled game on the Wii is Wii Play. You can have all the userbase you want, but he still had good reason for his opinion.

I mean...

The 8 million sellers on the Wii:

Wii Sports- Bundle.

Wii Play- Low rated minigame title with bundled Wii Remote.

Zelda- Adventure game while still only being the 8th highest selling game in the series.

Mario Party 8: Low rated minigame title.

Warioware: Smooth Moves: High rated minigame title.

Super Paper Mario: High rated platformer.

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Somewhat well reviewed minigame title.

Red Steel: Low rated first person game.

Plus, half of them were launch titles. So maybe the Wii audience isn't hardcore enough. Maybe it is. The attitude of the audience is what matters, not the size.

Off Topic: I don't think it's fair to not count the GC sales of Zelda: TP. If you add those then Z:TP is the 3rd best selling game in the series.

On Topic: Boo Konami!

I'm going to buy Zack and Wiki! And you should so too.

vanguardian1 said:
I'm 28 and it looks like I will only own a Wii console this gen, and I consider myself a core gamer. (20-30 hours a week on core games, and the occasional non-core game fun-ness)

The only 3 Konami franchises I want on Wii are

1) Zone of the Enders
2) Suikoden
3) Contra

I couldn't care less about the rest of the franchises (I rented Metal Gear and got bored and frustrated with it, I got stuck at the laser-hallway)

Zone of the Enders on the WII, now that would be a killer! Imagine the controls during the robots battles *drool*. Suikoden nice as well, although despite the fact I'm a RPG fan, I'm not really a Suikoden fan :=/.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Maybe they should test the waters and release a Silent Hill 2 port.