By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Silent Hill on Wii because Wii users aren't hardcore

LordTheNightKnight said:

Your argument fell when you forgot that RE4 is a port, and and Halo 3 and Bioshock are original games. Thus using RE4's lower sales is poor way to prove the Wii cannot sell hardcore games.

I see your point and I even think Zelda is a game for hardcore gamers.  About Bioshock, though, you are right that it is original.  On the other hand, a version with better graphics and better contol is on the PC. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network
FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Your argument fell when you forgot that RE4 is a port, and and Halo 3 and Bioshock are original games. Thus using RE4's lower sales is poor way to prove the Wii cannot sell hardcore games.

I see your point and I even think Zelda is a game for hardcore gamers. About Bioshock, though, you are right that it is original. On the other hand, a version with better graphics and better contol is on the PC.

But the Pc version did come out at the same time, so it was also new, and not a port. On that matter, even Twilight Princess isn't quite a port, as it came out at the same time as the GC version (actually a few days sooner in some regions).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Not to mention this is like the 4th version of Resident Evil 4. First there was the original Gamecube version, then they ported it to PS2, then they ported it to PC, and FINALLY they brought it to Wii...and now they're porting it again to cellphones.

The RE4 not crossing a million argument is flawed from conception.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

funny thing is RE4 will eventually cross the 1million mark after christmas.

mancandy said:
ItsaMii said:

Hardcore means someone who started playing VG from 5th generation onwards. 3D games, FMV and voice acting FTW!!!

Hardcore in just looking at graphics. Actual playing is for casuals.

So casuals are real gamers and hardcores only care about crap like FMV and voice acting?  Why would anybody brag about being hardcore then?

Around the Network

What a load of nonsense... again. If WII isn't for hardcore gamers then they should explain me, what the heck Fatal Frame 4, Monster Hunter 3 and Okami are doing at the WII?!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

wii has a hardcore fanbase,also i never played silent hill on ps2 so i wouldnt have gotten this if it came to wii

MontanaHatchet said:
I have to wonder how Nintendo comes up with these statistics. A lot of them sound like complete bullshitting to be completely honest.

As for Nintendo having hardcore gamers, that is very true. However, the problem with these gamers is that they tend to not buy non-Nintendo titles unless they're very well reviewed or hyped.

Dangit, I sound like Scrooge. I'm going to update some games.

Or maybe Nintendo hardcore tend to bought Nintendo console and they prefer to pick up good quality games ... If you analize the third party support of the two past Nintendo home console ( GC e N64 ) you'll see that very few 3rd party games had high quality ( IE : Ogre Battle 64 and Resident Evil 4 )

EDIT : This Konami guy said that SH is impossible on DS. Now I'm waiting to see how good is Dementium ... 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Bioshock is only as original as System Shock 2, it's actually that people haven't played this type of game more than it being a new type of game.

The truth is at this point in time the 360's core-gamer 3rd party support was overwhelmingly better then the Wii's current 3rd party support in it's first year, and too few developers really seem to want to change that.

Sadly, I think even if the Wii was as powerful as the 360, most developers would continue to ignore it, just like they did the gamecube last gen.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Man, I dont give a sh&%t about Konami. If they have people like that making statements pulled directly out of their nether parts, insulting me and any other Wii owner who once cared about their franchises (loved MGS, SH I), they can rot away with their hardcore platforms.

thos suckers are the only ones releasing half a%&ed "softcore" games for the Wii that sell badly. Maybe they should rethink their strategy?

Them Konami pisses me off.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.