By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
ps3... still pretty imprressive

wii.... not that impressive

360.... needs a kick.

ergh typo?

not at all... its marginally up year on year... it will be down year on year (weekly) again soon enough. 

So that yoy ytd drop of 3 million isnt coming back anytime soon. 

In summary, the price drop doesnt look like reversing the decline from 2008.

But ioi said Wii will go higher next week

ioi also said the PS3 would sell 600k consoles in September.

ioi may be right most of the time, but his word is not necessarily the truth. And at this point in time, kowenicki is correct.

True.....but ioi has been wrong on PS3 slim

We don't know how right or wrong he is on the "Wii" side of things.

Yes at this point kowenicki is correct, one would hope for higher sales from wii.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
letsdance said:
Will Wii grab 50% market share?

To be brutally honest, I think that aint happening this gen.

Kowenicki's marketshare charts will further enlighten us on this topic!

Let's hope it stays above 46%.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

darthdevidem01 said:
letsdance said:
Will Wii grab 50% market share?

To be brutally honest, I think that aint happening this gen.

Kowenicki's marketshare charts will further enlighten us on this topic!

Kowenicki doesn't enjoy making these charts anymore lol

letsdance said:
I didn't say you were attacking Sony but I figured that you must have inside information if you are telling us Sony lost money again this quarter

No, i'm just a simple gamer who likes speaking of numbers.

Last quarter the data was all over the internet, about this quarter i just know that Kaz said that "ps3 hardware is still sold at loss but the whole brand is profitable".

My prediction is that this will be another negative quarter, but i'm not denying ps3 numbers are huge and surprising...if they were making profit also on HW it was the best case.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

@CGI: So, what did you expect and what was the info to "open your eyes"?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

a 50 % is impossible for Wii now

axumblade said:
Buzzi said:
letsdance said:
Buzzi said:
axumblade said:
Carl2291 said:
Buzzi said:
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
YEs I have NO IDEA how PS3 sales went UP

even though JAPAN sales FELL by 12K!

I think it's anticipation of a great holiday and word spreading that the PS3 is no longer doomed.

ps3 is still doomed until it makes profit...sure, Sony has a lot of money, but they need to find a way to have profits from SCE...and with the price cut and a not so great software boost i'm not sure that "the brand is profitable" like Kaz said...

PlayStation brand is everything tied with PlayStation.

Games, PSP, PSP Go, PS2 etc.

Don't even bother trying to explain it to him. It's been done before.

Best thing to do is just ignore him.

You can explain what you want, they didn't had a profit last quarter and likely not even this quarter...ok, it's not doomed, but it's in trouble: sony can leave without their games sector and this is a problem because they need to show that that sector is useful (sales, profit and other minor things...).

Oh man... so what position do you have in the sony financial section? Tell me something... is Sony going to make a Ps9 like the ads around the internet say?

I can just speak about the official numbers...i have not Sony's mind, i can't tell you if for them are more important sales or profits...i was just speaking about my point of view but hey, if they are right like this i'm happy for you and for them! Please don't think i'm attacking sony, i just thought they care of profit and by Kaz's last statement they're not sure about making it this quarter (because ps3 hardware is still sold at a little loss).

ok? :)

The idea behind Sony relying on software to drive the PS3's sales is based on them losing probably $20 (I forgot the real figure that was thrown about a while ago). If somebody buys another controller, they have probably broken even. I'm not sure exactly how Sony are working, but we'll see when they post their report at the end of the quarter. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's as doom and gloom as a lot of people seemed to be thinking it was.

Ok, i understand that only internal members can say if there will be or not a profit for SCE this quarter.

Now don't ignore me ^__^

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Okay, my prediction is this will be the last money loss quarter. I can see SW covering up the losses for the holiday quarter and I think cost of manufacturing the Ps3 will decrease in those 6 months so the next quarters should be profitable.

Sales explosion! XD DS, PS3, Wii, and PSP leading the way!!!
Any other day these 360 sales would've been good, this week though they seem rather mediocre compared to the rest....

Impressive results for Wii and PSP. I'm amazed at how well the PS3 is holding up. I think this has to do with the release of FIFA 10, and Uncharted 2's ad campaign in America. DS is a monster, as usual. The Xbox 360 is also doing pretty well, despite being in last place now. It could get a moderate boost when Forza Motorsport 3 releases.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!