By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Sales UP! -- PS3 UP, Wii UP!....Everyone does well!

darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
ps3... still pretty imprressive

wii.... not that impressive

360.... needs a kick.

ergh typo?

I was going to comment on that too.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Carl2291 said:
Buzzi said:
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
YEs I have NO IDEA how PS3 sales went UP

even though JAPAN sales FELL by 12K!

I think it's anticipation of a great holiday and word spreading that the PS3 is no longer doomed.

ps3 is still doomed until it makes profit...sure, Sony has a lot of money, but they need to find a way to have profits from SCE...and with the price cut and a not so great software boost i'm not sure that "the brand is profitable" like Kaz said...

PlayStation brand is everything tied with PlayStation.

Games, PSP, PSP Go, PS2 etc.

Don't even bother trying to explain it to him. It's been done before.

Best thing to do is just ignore him.

You can explain what you want, they didn't had a profit last quarter and likely not even this quarter...ok, it's not doomed, but it's in trouble: sony can leave without their games sector and this is a problem because they need to show that that sector is useful (sales, profit and other minor things...).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

ps3 is on fire lets hope these sales continue, and outsells the 360 for the holiday season.

A pretty good week for everything. I expected the Wii to be a little higher more like 350k +, but ioi says he expects sales to be even higher next week. Also, I'm surprised that people are dissapointed by the Wii increase in Japan.  Percentage wise, it basically trippled there a much bigger percentage increase than in Others/Europe.  The PS3 is doing very well still, I thought it would be back at 200k or even slightly lower by now. With the biggest PS3 exclusive of the holidays releasing next week, it might seen another week over week increase. Really good news for the video game industry overall, it looks like it is building up to an amazing holiday period.

CGI-Quality said:
Carl2291 said:
PS3 sales up, even with 12k loss in Japan?

FIFA might have had something to do with it... Not too sure though.

That doesn't explain America though, where it went up too...

YEAH! that also in the same week the Wii got a price cut!

Also FIFA....why will it only affect PS3?

+ isn't PES known to be more pro PS brand.....sos urely PES 2010 would've affected PS3 hardware

either way MAYBE this is simply a sign that SONY's marketing is finally right & people are you know, shockingly actually buying the PS3.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Fifa pushed hardware, confirmed?

Buzzi said:
axumblade said:
Carl2291 said:
Buzzi said:
axumblade said:
darthdevidem01 said:
YEs I have NO IDEA how PS3 sales went UP

even though JAPAN sales FELL by 12K!

I think it's anticipation of a great holiday and word spreading that the PS3 is no longer doomed.

ps3 is still doomed until it makes profit...sure, Sony has a lot of money, but they need to find a way to have profits from SCE...and with the price cut and a not so great software boost i'm not sure that "the brand is profitable" like Kaz said...

PlayStation brand is everything tied with PlayStation.

Games, PSP, PSP Go, PS2 etc.

Don't even bother trying to explain it to him. It's been done before.

Best thing to do is just ignore him.

You can explain what you want, they didn't had a profit last quarter and likely not even this quarter...ok, it's not doomed, but it's in trouble: sony can leave without their games sector and this is a problem because they need to show that that sector is useful (sales, profit and other minor things...).

Oh man... so what position do you have in the sony financial section? Tell me something... is Sony going to make a Ps9 like the ads around the internet say?

kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:

360.... needs a kick.

ergh typo?

not at all... its marginally up year on year... it will be down year on year (weekly) again soon enough. 

So that yoy ytd drop of 3 million isnt coming back anytime soon. 

In summary, the price drop doesnt look like reversing the decline from 2008.

But ioi said Wii will go higher next week

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It looks like 360 got a small boost from Fifa but PS3 got a huge boost from it. As for America maybe ODST had an effect on PS3 sales last week.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:

360.... needs a kick.

ergh typo?

not at all... its marginally up year on year... it will be down year on year (weekly) again soon enough. 

So that yoy ytd drop of 3 million isnt coming back anytime soon. 

In summary, the price drop doesnt look like reversing the decline from 2008.

Doubt it. NSMB Wii + higher supply this year evens the scales quite a bit.