By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ioi vs ZorroX :: Japan prediction Contest for Wii & PS3 Holiday Sales. :P

I mentioned in the other thread that the typhoon almost certainly affected sales this week, which is basically what made the PS3 part of ioi's prediction for this week come true. Ironically enough, the probable surge we'll see next week will probably make Zorrox's prediction a possible reality. Especially if U2 pushes a small amount of hardware.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:

I mentioned in the other thread that the typhoon almost certainly affected sales this week, which is basically what made the PS3 part of ioi's prediction for this week come true. Ironically enough, the probable surge we'll see next week will probably make Zorrox's prediction a possible reality. Especially if U2 pushes a small amount of hardware.

No way PS3 will go up to 45k next week, Uncharted 2 will not have a significant impact in Japan and it was already down to around 37k and trending downwards.

koffieboon said:
postofficebuddy said:

No way PS3 will go up to 45k next week, Uncharted 2 will not have a significant impact in Japan and it was already down to around 37k and trending downwards.

I didn't say that Uncharted 2 would sell a lot of hardware. I'd be surprised if it moved 1k units. When I said surge I was referring to the people that were unable to buy last week because of the typhoon. Obviously that applies to all consoles, not just PS3. Most likely everything is going to get a decent boost next week.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

darthdevidem01 said:
update please!

PS3 around 28.8K

wii around 29.05K this week

I will update with VGChartz number.. those r numbers i m using in this thread..

Soriku said:
Even if the typhoon didn't hit, I don't see why the PS3 would suddenly increase for no reason without any new significant games. It was at 37k last week.

The hurricane didnt even affect the gaming market.. I am shocked things even sold

mM
Around the Network

Was it even that big ?
it didn't even make it to Polish tv news so losses certainly weren't that high.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Was it even that big ?
it didn't even make it to Polish tv news so losses certainly weren't that high.

That's very inconsiderate of you.

even if there were no losses, the gust and rain would have prevented people going out shopping. Do you even know what a typhoon is?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Seems like both consoles r not going to achieve the milestone March 2010... look like both r going to sell same amount till December..around 800k

@Noobie: If you're using  VGChartz numbers, I think there have been a number of adjustments made.  You can check for changes by using the Hardware by Date chart tool and moving your cursor over points on the graph.  Just make the chart for a few weeks so that the points don't get too close together.  The changes are pretty minor, but I now have totals (derived by just subtracting the Sept 20 cumulative from the current cumulative) of Wii: 76,740 and PS3: 112,701.

Hi all... I've been keeping track of the Wii to 10 million, PS3 to 5 million in Japan race in the thread (created by ZorroX) which was the origin of the ioi vs ZorroX projection contest that Noobie is tracking.  Anyway, Noobie has asked me to include my charts in this thread, so here's the first of them.  Enjoy...

WEEK ENDING OCT 10 Wii to 10M PS3 to 5M
LTD total 8,613,752 3,709,749
Left to target 1,386,248 1,290,251
This week (yoy) 30,494 (+37.3%) 29,629 (+404.3%)
Since contest start (yoy) 76,740 (+3.6%) 112,701 (+420.7%)