By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls is better then Oblivion

Really?...

Hmm maybe I should consider getting it. Is the difficulty so bad that it ruins the experience though? (sinse I know it's a really hard game)

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Considering I gave up on Oblivion three hours in, I agree.

Considering that DS all you ever play now, I'm sure you would -_-

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Shut up all of you horrible people

Why can't Sony publish it and release it in Europe?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Steroid said:

Demon's Souls is better then Oblivion and Fallout 3 and Pretty much every RPG this gen.

Delusional anyone? Demon Souls didn't score higher on average than Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 will just blow it away. Fallout 3 is a great game that continues to get good updates. Demon Souls isn't even a GOTY or best PS3 game candidate. There is no way it will be better than Dragon Age Origins.

Honestly, I will guarantee you that Demon's Souls will recieve GoTY awards. I won't be judging though, I won't be playing DS this year, but I will be getting Dragon Age, which will hopefully be awesome

Eh, tis your opinion.

Personally I disliked Oblivion (Morrowind is the way to go) but quite enjoyed Fallout 3. I will have to find out personally how Demon's Souls compares.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Steroid said:

Demon's Souls is better then Oblivion and Fallout 3 and Pretty much every RPG this gen.

Delusional anyone? Demon Souls didn't score higher on average than Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 will just blow it away. Fallout 3 is a great game that continues to get good updates. Demon Souls isn't even a GOTY or best PS3 game candidate. There is no way it will be better than Dragon Age Origins.

Honestly, I will guarantee you that Demon's Souls will recieve GoTY awards. I won't be judging though, I won't be playing DS this year, but I will be getting Dragon Age, which will hopefully be awesome

You'll never find a WRPG more complete than Dragon Age Origins. Bioware made it for crying out loud (They are true RPG gods). I'll make a bet with you that Dragon Age wins Best RPG of the year. Wait, it forgot the PS3 gets a best RPG as well, so you just might get that, so scratch the  bet! :)

The question is, will it be better than Mass Effect 2 though?

Kantor said:
Shut up all of you horrible people

Why can't Sony publish it and release it in Europe?

^This. Bring Demon's Souls to me Sony!

Just noticed it has gone up to 90 on metacritic now.

CAL4M1TY said:
The question is, will it be better than Mass Effect 2 though?

Mass Effect is already looking to be twice as dark and twice as epic as Mass Effect one. It is already crazy enough that we get to carry over our old saves and see the world as we ended it in the first game.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rainbird said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Steroid said:

You'll never find a WRPG more complete than Dragon Age Origins. Bioware made it for crying out loud (They are true RPG gods). I'll make a bet with you that Dragon Age wins Best RPG of the year. Wait, it forgot the PS3 gets a best RPG as well, so you just might get that, so scratch the  bet! :)

No matter how awesome Dragon Age is (and trust me, I'm really looking forward to playing my first BioWare RPG since KoTOR), Demon's Souls has found its own niche, and there will no doubt be sites who will declare this as GoTY. I have no doubt about this

I'm pretty sure you are right on DA being RPG of the year, but DS will certainly recieve some RPGotY awards, as well as a GotY awards