By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "We love MS's money."

Seece said:
Phrancheyez said:
Seece said:
"we're very profit driven, we're interested in return on investment in a fairly short period of time."

So is Microsoft Tretton, and it's worked, the 360 hardware started making a profit from 2007.

O Rly?  Where'd you read this?  Can I have a link from a respected source?  The only things I've read lately are that they lose money on every console, just like SONY.  I have to call bull shit.

http://www.techspot.com/news/23612-microsoft-makes-tiny-profit-on-xbox-360-hardware.html

That is three years old. When that article was written, they still had the 360 Core for $300. Now, the 360 Arcade is $200. $100 cheaper, and with more features. When the Elite launched a few months after that article was written, it was $480. Now, it's $300.

Source: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=55397

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Seece said:
Phrancheyez said:
Seece said:
"we're very profit driven, we're interested in return on investment in a fairly short period of time."

So is Microsoft Tretton, and it's worked, the 360 hardware started making a profit from 2007.

O Rly?  Where'd you read this?  Can I have a link from a respected source?  The only things I've read lately are that they lose money on every console, just like SONY.  I have to call bull shit.

http://www.techspot.com/news/23612-microsoft-makes-tiny-profit-on-xbox-360-hardware.html

And that's from 2006..do I still think that article is accurate?  Not for a moment.  The price and package inclusions has changed quite a bit since then, so if you find one from 2009, let me know.  Otherwise, I still have to call bull shit.

Kantor said:
Seece said:
Phrancheyez said:
Seece said:

That is three years old. When that article was written, they still had the 360 Core for $300. Now, the 360 Arcade is $200. $100 cheaper, and with more features. When the Elite launched a few months after that article was written, it was $480. Now, it's $300.

and Microsoft havn't reducded costs at all in 3 years?

Seece said:
Kantor said:
Seece said:
Phrancheyez said:
Seece said:

and Microsoft havn't reducded costs at all in 3 years?

I'm sure they have. But they may not have reduced costs by $100.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Phrancheyez said:
Seece said:
Phrancheyez said:
Seece said:

And that's from 2006..do I still think that article is accurate?  Not for a moment.  The price and package inclusions has changed quite a bit since then, so if you find one from 2009, let me know.  Otherwise, I still have to call bull shit.

No of course you don't whatever I came up with you would refute why did I even bother! Use common sense

Around the Network

@Seece: Uhm. That was from 2006. Obviously, M$ was still losing money with 360, which indicates they didn't make a profit with the hardware. Since 2006, 360 has even had a few pricecuts.

@BladeOfGod: Indeed. But the point in profiting however is, that GC made profit, even if it wasn't bought in masses.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Seece said:

I think jack means like when Microsoft threw 50 million at rockstar to make exclusive content, have Microsoft even made there money back of that yet? I doubt it microsoft have lots of money to spend and i know it doesnt bother them how much they pay out, but there not making at all/much profit on what they throw it at

Microsoft is just much more smarter than Sony.

They sell their HDD´s , They SELL Wirless , They SELL Play and Charge , They Sell everything to make profit.

Sony wanted Ps3 to get everything and now they are paying hard. They cant sell their own HDD because Ps3 is compatible with many Cheaper HDD´s , they cant sell wirless because Ps3 has wirless , they cant sell play and charge because Ps3 has battery.

With this they lost alot of money getting all of this into Ps3 and then cant selling it separately.

Better for consumers ? YES
Better for Sony ? NO

Make PSN Free is also not a smart Decision...

But its Sony ... Since when are they Smart ?? its Sony for F*** Sake...

Sony :

"We Own this GEN they have no CHANCE"

"Damn u are F***** up we need the SLIM right NOW"

Microsoft :

"Ahah Poor Droids without money to Keep the Console...We Keep making profit with Console , our Multi Bilions Franchises as Fable , Forza , Halo or Gears and with our Xbox 360 Acessories and their games dont even SELL and they still losing money on Ps3 ... Oh and we Love to Charge 50$ to 20 Milions of People"

Nintendo :

"Wow Sony has better games than us but no ONE buys their GAMES while Wii Fit is oh wait 25 MILIONS ! No problem we will be here more time than them... Like it has allways been ... It PRINTS MONEY!"

phinch1 said:
Seece said:

I think jack means like when Microsoft threw 50 million at rockstar to make exclusive content, have Microsoft even made there money back of that yet? I doubt it microsoft have lots of money to spend and i know it doesnt bother them how much they pay out, but there not making at all/much profit on what they throw it at

Well first off it was a loan, secondly yes I'm sure they have/will, the first one sold 1 million in it's first week ($20 million revenue) and is somewhere around 2 million now (want a link go get it yourself)

They still have Gay Tony and LIberty City Stories to release. When all is said it would have made around $100 million in revenue.

@lilwingman: The comment was for me?
It's an attempt to marginalise because Wiis success is about being for everyone. Basically the same things that drove PS2 in sales last gen drive Wii sales this gen.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.