By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For those claiming PSP Go didn't flop it's time to step up

ironman said:
MAFKKA said:

It can't flop, since it did what was expected by the producers of said product.

And to compare it with a 360 slim is irrelavant, since the expectations would be different.

Its like saying that Santa Claus floped, because at 3 years old i expected him to be real, forever. He did what he was ment to do, keep me in line and happy up until i was big enough to think for my own.

See, this right here is exactly what I was talking about. MAFKKA is dead wrong, he is basically saying that that if a producer expects their product to sell very badly, then when the product does, it is not a flop because the producer expected it to sell horribly.

I think he was taking a jab at the nintendo fans with that one.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
ironman said:
letsdance said:
ironman said:
letsdance said:
I think I defined it pretty well. And you are wrong. It isn't being marketed as a new product. Its being marketed as the same product but with more portability.

I really don't think you did. You defined what YOU think it should be. To other people it will be different. You have to solidify a standard that everybody can agree with.

...and you don't think that I don't think that what I think should be the standard?

lol, what? To answer your question, no, You are hell bent on making sure the PSP go does not look like it flopped. That gives the impression that you are unable to come up with an unbiased representation of what the standard should be. Much like those who are crying it failed.

Here is an idea, Take the PSP GO sales, and match them with the DS Lite. I don't know if everybody here thinks thats a good idea, but to me, it seems pretty fair since all other systems are held against their compeditors in terms of sales.

Alternatively, is everybody claiming it failed due to sales? Or are some people talking about features lost/gained?

...What? I already gave my opinion what the standards should be. And its the most logical that anyone will come up with. Why would the PSP Go be compared to the DSL? That's ridiculous. The PSP wasn't compareable to the DS... Of course the sales for the DSL will blow the Go out of the water. Why don't we compare the PSP Go to SEGA's Game Gears next revision...

Excactly.

You cant compare two different products, since success and flop is meassured by the company businessplan and expectations thereof.

Otherwise every phone out there is a flop because they didnt do iPhone numbers on first day.

ironman said:
MAFKKA said:

It can't flop, since it did what was expected by the producers of said product.

And to compare it with a 360 slim is irrelavant, since the expectations would be different.

Its like saying that Santa Claus floped, because at 3 years old i expected him to be real, forever. He did what he was ment to do, keep me in line and happy up until i was big enough to think for my own.

See, this right here is exactly what I was talking about. MAFKKA is dead wrong, he is basically saying that that if a producer expects their product to sell very badly, then when the product does, it is not a flop because the producer expected it to sell horribly.

Well theres a difference when being first on the market. You cant draw a general conclusion of it.

If a product that allows to to call a friend and text is released and sells 100k, and another company releases the same product and it sells 1k, its would be considered a flop.

But if one company released a car that uses electricity only. In a market where any other product within the same segment uses Gas, the sales numbers and sucess is messasured by company expectations and capital invested.

MAFKKA said:
letsdance said:
ironman said:
letsdance said:
ironman said:
letsdance said:
I think I defined it pretty well. And you are wrong. It isn't being marketed as a new product. Its being marketed as the same product but with more portability.

I really don't think you did. You defined what YOU think it should be. To other people it will be different. You have to solidify a standard that everybody can agree with.

...and you don't think that I don't think that what I think should be the standard?

lol, what? To answer your question, no, You are hell bent on making sure the PSP go does not look like it flopped. That gives the impression that you are unable to come up with an unbiased representation of what the standard should be. Much like those who are crying it failed.

Here is an idea, Take the PSP GO sales, and match them with the DS Lite. I don't know if everybody here thinks thats a good idea, but to me, it seems pretty fair since all other systems are held against their compeditors in terms of sales.

Alternatively, is everybody claiming it failed due to sales? Or are some people talking about features lost/gained?

...What? I already gave my opinion what the standards should be. And its the most logical that anyone will come up with. Why would the PSP Go be compared to the DSL? That's ridiculous. The PSP wasn't compareable to the DS... Of course the sales for the DSL will blow the Go out of the water. Why don't we compare the PSP Go to SEGA's Game Gears next revision...

Excactly.

You cant compare two different products, since success and flop is meassured by the company businessplan and expectations thereof.

Otherwise every phone out there is a flop because they didnt do iPhone numbers on first day.

No you cannot compare to random products, you can however compare to LIKE products, hence my suggestion to compair the DS Lite and the PSP Go. Both are portibles, and both are jazzed up versions of the origional.

And like I said before, expectations are a silly standard because a producer can set their expectations very low, and then say "Hey look, our product may have sold like crap, but at least we met our expectations, I guess our product was a success!"

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

@MAFFKA:
Right, PSP isn't an iPod, but it isn't a Zune, either.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

It cant be a success either, since you cant define success. Its all symantics.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

But are hybrid cars a flop? They sure as hell dont sell as good as cars driven by Gas.

It didn't sell well enough to be a flop. It's more like a fumble. It might flop in a few more weeks though.

MAFKKA said:

Wrong again, you can define success by measuring against a known standard, in this case, the DS Lite. You really are trying to hard.

Oh, and Hybrid cars are irrelevant, there is no REAL standard to hold them to, stop trying to derail the thread.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
MAFKKA said:

Wrong again, you can define success by measuring against a known standard, in this case, the DS Lite. You really are trying to hard.

Oh, and Hybrid cars are irrelevant, there is no REAL standard to hold them to, stop trying to derail the thread.

I think you are the one trying too hard. DS =/= PSP...