By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console + PC games are NOT exclusive

I was hoping this would be a well thought out statement, but alas. A 2 line opinion peice that we've all heard 182 times already.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
AlJensen said:

"Look a third game comes it has both a box and a triangle cube"

Usually I read my text twice to make sure I don't put a foot in my mouth

|     GEARS             |                     

|        XBOX             |            

|                              |         

|                              |       

/

/      

/ GEARS  

/       PC        

/_____________  

Im not debating the sales of Gears Of War on PC Nore Mass Effect, The Situation is that you can play BOTH on PC, another CONSOLE weather you accept that or not at the end of the day, you can play both on COMPUTER, do not deny that

you can't play both on your PS3, do not deny that.

I did not say I could play them on PS3, I said PC I know they are not on PS3

The game, that is on xbox 360, but yet you can play it without xbox 360, is exclusive to xbox 360.
Right?

Whether you want to say these games are exclusive or not is irrelevant. At the end of the day, it's smart business for Microsoft to allow 360 games to go to Games for Windows while simultaneously keeping them off the PS3. Why? Because while most PS3 owners own a PC, only a small minority of them own an actual gaming rig. So chances are a good number of PS3 owners are going to miss out on playing these 360/PC games. So they either gotta go out and build a gaming rig (and maintain it) or they gotta get a 360. Compare the 360 sales of high-profile games to PC version sales and you'll see that PC gaming is a shrinking niche so how many people beyond a niche tech geek segment are going to go out and get the gaming rig over the 360. I like the fact that I can stick with my laptop and not have to worry about missing too many hit PC games because high-profile PC exclusives are becoming less and less common as more and more are developed for 360 (sometimes developed as a timed exclusive for 360 even).

Besides, the most popular PC exclusives these days are generally games Joe Blow or Jane Doe can probably run on their laptop. When you think PC gaming now, you think Sims 3, WoW, Starcraft II, Diablo III. These aren't demanding games (or at least I assume the latter two won't be since Blizzard tends to make games with reasonable spec requirements). Crysis was such a commercial blow that Crytek decided it wasn't worth it to go PC exclusive anymore. I love it that PC exclusives in the badly optimized 1337 graphics whoring vein of Crysis are being weeded out by the market. It's completely ridiculous to produce a game with such horrible optimization like that. No matter how great the eye candy is. Crytek deserved to be hit big in the wallet and they shouldn't be crying about piracy when there's no way any sane PC gamer is going to buy a game that they weren't sure would run decently on their computer (you'd think that if you met the spec recommendations on the box you'd be good but it doesn't exactly work out that way). I like the new direction PC gaming is moving towards. Indie gaming and developers like Blizzard and the Sims team producing less-demanding PC exclusives so that they appeal to a mass audience.

360 has controller exclusives

where the pc only uses mouse

but some aren't controller exclusives and pc lets u use gamepad

Repent or be destroyed

Around the Network
CommunistHater said:
360 has controller exclusives

where the pc only uses mouse & KEYBOARD

but some aren't controller exclusives and pc lets u use gamepad - why would anyone want to do that?

As defined by the interwebs:
"In the consumer gaming market, mutliplatform games run on more than one gaming machine. For example, a sports game developed for Xbox, Playstation, GameCube, and PC would be a multiplatform game. If a game is developed exclusively for one system, i.e. "The Legend of Zelda," for Nintendo, it is not multiplatform. Gaming hardware manufacturers use exclusive software as a reason for consumers to buy their system."...

So what would the intention of a console/pc "exlusivity" be? Its not to define a system, nor does it ensure a reason for consumers to buy a specific system, since its availible on multiple platforms (hence the word multi-platform). So why would you not focus on releasing games on all systems, and why would you pay heavy money to keep a game off of the other systems, while still keeping the system/pc combo? It dosen't add up.

And what about games that works with consoles and PC gamers together?

Games that feature cross-platform online play include:

• DC Universe Online (future release)
  • Kane and Lynch Dead Men
  • Champions Online
  • Lost Planet: Colonies
  • Phantasy Star Online
  • Shadowrun
  • Uno
  • Final Fantasy XI Online

How can console/pc be exclusive when both platforms interact with eachother? And these are not Crysis type games or whatever, everyone with a computer can play UNO.

Another definition:
Cross-platform  (Multi platform)
Cross platform is a term which can refer to computer programsoperating systemscomputer languagesprogramming languages, or other computer software and their implementations which can be made to work on multiple computer platforms.

Notice that the above text says "made to work on multiple computer platforms" - so you can not argue that is exclusive because PC isn't a true gaming platform. The Game is "made to work on multiple computer platforms".. i.e the PC. And if it works on multiple computer platforms, it's defined as what people? Multi platform! That's right.

Put it this way, if the game is a 360 game, then it is an exclusive because it is exclusive to MS consoles (MS windows ring a bell?) Just like a PS3 exclusive that also comes out of the PSP is still and exclusive to Sony, and a Nintendo game that comes out for the Wii and the DS is a Nintendo exclusive. It's simple really, I don't know how you people don't get that.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

A agree. Exclusive implies only available on one system...I don't know why some people don't credit the PC as a gaming system because it is.

tedsteriscool said:
A agree. Exclusive implies only available on one system...I don't know why some people don't credit the PC as a gaming system because it is.

It is a gaming system...a MS gaming system since you can only play games with MS software. So, that being said, any 360 "exclusive" that is also on the PC  is a MS exclusive...see how that works?

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!