By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console + PC games are NOT exclusive

It's curious that when I search for Mass Effect & Gears Of War on VGC I see numbers for the 360 versions and a big fat ZERO for the PC versions. Even VGC doesn't count PC game sales in the equation because it's NOT a console.

IMHO, The reason MS are probably halting the publishing of exclusive 360 games to PC is because with pirating, it's not cost effective to spend so much time and money on product that alot of people are stealing.

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Around the Network

Microsoft wants some of their games to be on PC, if Sony had an operating system, they would of probably done the same............

such a fanboys argument.....

Yes they are. They're exclusive.

No HD console has as much exclusive games as the X360.

For me it is.

Im not buying a pc that cost five times more than XO to play all new games.

I try to put Gears or War and Mass Effect in my PS3, but nothing happens? :(

Yeah.

"Look a third game comes it has both a box and a triangle cube"

Usually I read my text twice to make sure I don't put a foot in my mouth

|     GEARS             |                     

|        XBOX             |            

|                              |         

|                              |       

/\

/       \

/ GEARS   \

/       PC         \

/_____________   \

Im not debating the sales of Gears Of War on PC Nore Mass Effect, The Situation is that you can play BOTH on PC, another CONSOLE weather you accept that or not at the end of the day, you can play both on COMPUTER, do not deny that

Around the Network
Xoj said:
Onyxmeth said:
AlJensen said:

Wow having some troubles with twisted words...

Ive heard a PC called a console before on numerous ocassions, and why Not they both do the same thing, Lets call a spade a spade here. Your only calling it otherwise to further your own agenda.

Imagine if you will boxes.....and each one of these boxes has holes in it for which blocks can fall through, There's one for the Xbox (box shape), one for the Wii (star shape), one for the PS3 (circle shape), and one for the computer (triangle shape). Look are first game is coming and there is a Box cube, a star cube, a circle cube, and a triangle cube. They all go into their respective holes, that game is NOT EXCLUSIVE! Look here comes are second game it is a star cube, that means it can't fit in the box, it can't fit in the circle and it can't fit in the triangle. This game is a TRUE EXCLUSIVE! Look a third game comes it has both a box and a triangle cube, it goes into the box shaped box, won't fit in the star, won't fit in the circle, fits in the triangle that means this game is NOT EXCLUSIVE! Physically not exclusive, theortically not exclusive, only emotionally for some people it is exclusive. 

Sally and Billy play games, Sally owns a Xbox and a PC, Billy owns a PS3(or Wii) and a PC. Sally's Xbox plays 1's and Billy's PS3(or Wii) plays 2's , both their PC's play 3's. Sally can't buy 2's and Billy can't buy 1's Their EXCLUSIVE! Both Sally and Billy can play 3's on their PC. Sally sometimes gets angry because some of her 1's sometimes turn into 3's, This means Billy Can play Her 1's(which are now 3's) on his PC Turning her EXCLUSIVE 1's into NOT EXCLUSIVE 3's. Sally is being childish 

How would a block have both a square and a triangle shape? That doesn't make sense. The point of making an analogy is to help people understand one situation by comparing it to the rules of another situation to draw a comparison. By breaking the rules of toddler toys that teach the learning of shapes, you've lost your audience. No toddler toy contains a block that can fit into both the triangle and the square holes, thus your point must be that all games on a particular console are exclusive.

I'm not even going to get into Billy and Sally. You've made a situation even harder to understand by attaching numbers to it. It's not a logic puzzle, nor a math problem, so I don't see the point of adding the numbers.

Here's a fun new definition for exclusivity.

Does this play in a PC?

Does this play in an Xbox 360?

360 version don't play in ps3, neither the PC.

each platform is different, multiplatform.

same as tales of vesperia ps3 won't play on a 360 or star ocean 4 international

More to the point...If you buy a 360 you are guaranteed to play the exclusive game Mass Effect but if you buy a PC there's no guarantee it will play Mass Effect. Hence, The PC is not a console platform.

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Fine Numbers to hard Here

Sally and Billy play games, Sally owns a Xbox and a PC, Billy owns a PS3(or Wii) and a PC. Sally's Xbox plays ☻ and Billy's PS3(or Wii) plays ♥ , both their PC's play ♣. Sally can't buy ♥ and Billy can't buy ☻ Their EXCLUSIVE! Both Sally and Billy can play ♣ on their PC. Sally sometimes gets angry because some of her ☻ sometimes turn into ♣ (porting the game over), This means Billy Can play Her☻ (which are now ♣) on his PC Turning her EXCLUSIVE ☻ into NOT EXCLUSIVE ♣. Sally is being childish

PC is NOT  real gaming platform.

If it is then my Phone is as well.

Guess what my phone can play PS2 games. 

Which means my $100 phone can do something the $300 PS3 cannot do.

Oh all PSP games are not exclusive anymore.

Nobody goes to BestBuy to decide between a PS3 or Wii or Xbox 360 and a PC.

PC are a shit load more,sure you can build them your selfs but thats if your a PC fanboy and if you find the parts cheaper,

but guess what i can buy 360/PS3 cheaper online as well.

So PC isnt a real gaming platform, when was the last time you seen rappers put PC in there cars?

If PC gaming is so big why is Crysis coming to consoles? because 95% of people couldn't run it.

If PC gaming is so good why don't i see "Only on PC" On the boxart?

AlJensen said:

"Look a third game comes it has both a box and a triangle cube"

Usually I read my text twice to make sure I don't put a foot in my mouth

|     GEARS             |                     

|        XBOX             |            

|                              |         

|                              |       

/

/      

/ GEARS  

/       PC        

/_____________  

Im not debating the sales of Gears Of War on PC Nore Mass Effect, The Situation is that you can play BOTH on PC, another CONSOLE weather you accept that or not at the end of the day, you can play both on COMPUTER, do not deny that

you can't play both on your PS3, do not deny that.

alot of people were saying that when Final Fantasy XIV was annouced at E3 09, don't use my PC for gaming anyway(if you don't count those flash player games) so maybe console exclusive?