By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console + PC games are NOT exclusive

Onyxmeth said:
Xoj said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xoj said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xoj said:
well i played gears and i don't know a 360 ;).

I played Shadow of the Colossus and I don't own a PS2. ;)

legally shadow of the colossus was released only on PS2.

if you borrow one or used emulator you still needed PS2 things, like the BIOS ps2, and drivers for the emulated cpu and gpu.

Legally it can be played on another console, so might as well leave legality out of this.

format release was ps2.

or you are saying all nintendo games from nintendo the wii are not exclusive because they can be emulated on PC? .

a Gears of war PC format version exist, one tailered for the PC, it's no longer exclusive.

emulation tricks the software to think its another console.

What I'm saying is that Shadow of the Colossus can be played on a PS3 or a PS2, regardless of official release. It doesn't matter what the box says. You can walk into a store, buy a PS2 game and pop it into certain PS3s and it will work. End of story. Traditional emulation does not work that way. They require an illegal ROM to be downloaded to play the game. Thus similar to other situations mentioned in this topic, one does not need a PS2 to play an actual legal copy of SOTC.

My point for mentioning this is that just because you played Gears on your PC, and I played SOTC on my PS3, does not mean these can't be considered exclusives to another purchaser on a different machine. Why have predetermined definitions that are only beneficial to game hardware manufacturers? They use them to entice you and stop you from thinking for yourself. My purcahases are made based on my own levels of exclusivity, and yours and everyone elses' should too.

PS3 is emulation!, actually certain ps3 are ps2 too, they include all the required hardware, at much your point make me believe more PC version are not exclusives.

not only they look better they have more features. and even free online.

Around the Network

People worry too mauch about exclusives.

It was more fun when a game being exclusive was the norm, then we never heard stuff like "console exclusive"

I LOVE ICELAND!

shio said:
Do you want to know how stupid the "console exclusive" term is?
A PC exclusive means that it is exclusive to PCs.
A Xbox 360 exclusive means that it is exclusive to Xbox 360s.
A Console exclusive means that it is exclusive to Consoles!! That means that it is not coming to PC.
You can't use "console exclusive" to coin a PC/X360 game, or any game that is shared with the PC.
Halo 3 is console exclusive because it's not coming to PC, while Mass Effect is on PC and is not exclusive to consoles, capiche?

EXACTLY!!!

Too bad, people started to ruin the term to mean the opposite of its original meaning. 

Just as they did with recently UFO referring to "identified alien spaceships", literally for "figuratively", ultimate for "super", or bemused for "amused".

Xoj said:
Onyxmeth said:

What I'm saying is that Shadow of the Colossus can be played on a PS3 or a PS2, regardless of official release. It doesn't matter what the box says. You can walk into a store, buy a PS2 game and pop it into certain PS3s and it will work. End of story. Traditional emulation does not work that way. They require an illegal ROM to be downloaded to play the game. Thus similar to other situations mentioned in this topic, one does not need a PS2 to play an actual legal copy of SOTC.

My point for mentioning this is that just because you played Gears on your PC, and I played SOTC on my PS3, does not mean these can't be considered exclusives to another purchaser on a different machine. Why have predetermined definitions that are only beneficial to game hardware manufacturers? They use them to entice you and stop you from thinking for yourself. My purcahases are made based on my own levels of exclusivity, and yours and everyone elses' should too.

PS3 is emulation!, actually certain ps3 are ps2 too, they include all the required hardware, at much your point make me believe more PC version are not exclusives.

not only they look better they have more features. and even free online.

PS3 being emulation is irrelevant. It can play a legal copy of a PS2 or PS1 game. That's what mattered to you before. A PC cannot play a legal copy of them. A PSP cannot play a legal copy of them. An Xbox cannot play a legal copy of them. You're now talking about the merits of emulation meaning exclusivity when before you argued over the legality of the software. Stop moving the goalposts here.

I'm not sure what you mean with the second portion of your reply.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Wow having some troubles with twisted words...

Ive heard a PC called a console before on numerous ocassions, and why Not they both do the same thing, Lets call a spade a spade here. Your only calling it otherwise to further your own agenda.

Imagine if you will boxes.....and each one of these boxes has holes in it for which blocks can fall through, There's one for the Xbox (box shape), one for the Wii (star shape), one for the PS3 (circle shape), and one for the computer (triangle shape). Look are first game is coming and there is a Box cube, a star cube, a circle cube, and a triangle cube. They all go into their respective holes, that game is NOT EXCLUSIVE! Look here comes are second game it is a star cube, that means it can't fit in the box, it can't fit in the circle and it can't fit in the triangle. This game is a TRUE EXCLUSIVE! Look a third game comes it has both a box and a triangle cube, it goes into the box shaped box, won't fit in the star, won't fit in the circle, fits in the triangle that means this game is NOT EXCLUSIVE! Physically not exclusive, theortically not exclusive, only emotionally for some people it is exclusive. 

Sally and Billy play games, Sally owns a Xbox and a PC, Billy owns a PS3(or Wii) and a PC. Sally's Xbox plays 1's and Billy's PS3(or Wii) plays 2's , both their PC's play 3's. Sally can't buy 2's and Billy can't buy 1's Their EXCLUSIVE! Both Sally and Billy can play 3's on their PC. Sally sometimes gets angry because some of her 1's sometimes turn into 3's, This means Billy Can play Her 1's(which are now 3's) on his PC Turning her EXCLUSIVE 1's into NOT EXCLUSIVE 3's. Sally is being childish 

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
so The Last Remnant is no exclusive at all

Depends on your perspective.

The Last Remnant might be a 360 exclusive in your fantasy world.

I don't consider a title exclusive if it's on more than one platform.
I do understand that some people's PCs can't handle some games or that some people simply don't want to play on the PC but that's their story.
Some games like FFXI can't be played on all PS2s due to slims not having a hdd. So in the case of FFXI with the game being on the PS2, Xbox360 and PC, is it a Xbox360 exclusive since not every PS2 can play it and PC doesn't count?

I could say that if a game is e.g. on PS3 and Wii, and it's not a game defined by motion controls, I'd never play it on the Wii. That doesn't make it PS3 exclusive.

AlJensen said:

Ive heard a PC called a console before on numerous ocassions, and why Not they both do the same thing, Lets call a spade a spade here. Your only calling it otherwise to further your own agenda.

Imagine if you will boxes.....and each one of these boxes has holes in it for which blocks can fall through, There's one for the Xbox (box shape), one for the Wii (star shape), one for the PS3 (circle shape), and one for the computer (triangle shape). Look are first game is coming and there is a Box cube, a star cube, a circle cube, and a triangle cube. They all go into their respective holes, that game is NOT EXCLUSIVE! Look here comes are second game it is a star cube, that means it can't fit in the box, it can't fit in the circle and it can't fit in the triangle. This game is a TRUE EXCLUSIVE! Look a third game comes it has both a box and a triangle cube, it goes into the box shaped box, won't fit in the star, won't fit in the circle, fits in the triangle that means this game is NOT EXCLUSIVE! Physically not exclusive, theortically not exclusive, only emotionally for some people it is exclusive. 

Sally and Billy play games, Sally owns a Xbox and a PC, Billy owns a PS3(or Wii) and a PC. Sally's Xbox plays 1's and Billy's PS3(or Wii) plays 2's , both their PC's play 3's. Sally can't buy 2's and Billy can't buy 1's Their EXCLUSIVE! Both Sally and Billy can play 3's on their PC. Sally sometimes gets angry because some of her 1's sometimes turn into 3's, This means Billy Can play Her 1's(which are now 3's) on his PC Turning her EXCLUSIVE 1's into NOT EXCLUSIVE 3's. Sally is being childish 

How would a block have both a square and a triangle shape? That doesn't make sense. The point of making an analogy is to help people understand one situation by comparing it to the rules of another situation to draw a comparison. By breaking the rules of toddler toys that teach the learning of shapes, you've lost your audience. No toddler toy contains a block that can fit into both the triangle and the square holes, thus your point must be that all games on a particular console are exclusive.

I'm not even going to get into Billy and Sally. You've made a situation even harder to understand by attaching numbers to it. It's not a logic puzzle, nor a math problem, so I don't see the point of adding the numbers.

Here's a fun new definition for exclusivity.

Does this play in a PC?

Does this play in an Xbox 360?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I don't own a PC :O

Onyxmeth said:
AlJensen said:

How would a block have both a square and a triangle shape? That doesn't make sense. The point of making an analogy is to help people understand one situation by comparing it to the rules of another situation to draw a comparison. By breaking the rules of toddler toys that teach the learning of shapes, you've lost your audience. No toddler toy contains a block that can fit into both the triangle and the square holes, thus your point must be that all games on a particular console are exclusive.

I'm not even going to get into Billy and Sally. You've made a situation even harder to understand by attaching numbers to it. It's not a logic puzzle, nor a math problem, so I don't see the point of adding the numbers.

Here's a fun new definition for exclusivity.

Does this play in a PC?

Does this play in an Xbox 360?

360 version don't play in ps3, neither the PC.

each platform is different, multiplatform.

same as tales of vesperia ps3 won't play on a 360 or star ocean 4 international