By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console + PC games are NOT exclusive

What if I emulate a game on my PC? Does that make every SNES, GEN, NeoGeo, NES, ect.. game non exclusive?

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

@ darklich13, read up please

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

LOL

@Onyxmeth

I think you mean WiiPS exclusive. XD

dr.grass obviously PSWii because it sounds better, looks better and is just the plainly the term used

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Onyxmeth said:
MAFKKA said:

So if I chose to only own a PS3, everything released on the PS3 is exclusive, because i dont have a 360 or a Wii?

Bingo!

You know I'm a quote you on this.

But its wrong in this scenario. Because if I would start a thread and say "New PS3 Exclusive announced at E3 - Assassins Creed 2". It would be  flamed to pieces and locked.

Around the Network
AFKNetwork said:
MAFKKA said:

@ FKN - So its not a PC exclusive? Or a HD exclusive? Or a Blu Ray exclusive? Or a MS esclusive? Or a Asian company exclusive? Or a above Gforce 9800GTX exclusive?

Because you wonät be playing it on any other platform, hd console, disc type, company product, company from that region and/or GFX card...

Making up words wont make it more exclusive.

As I said before:

If a game is a pc and console exclusive then it is also a CONSOLE exclusive as you won't be playing it on any other console, so yes, they are console exclusives....

Again:

Do you want to know how stupid the "console exclusive" term is?
A PC exclusive means that it is exclusive to PCs.
A Xbox 360 exclusive means that it is exclusive to Xbox 360s.
A Console exclusive means that it is exclusive to Consoles!! That means that it is not coming to PC.
You can't use "console exclusive" to coin a PC/X360 game, or any game that is shared with the PC.
Halo 3 is console exclusive because it's not coming to PC, while Mass Effect is on PC and is not exclusive to consoles, capiche?

There's nothing subjective about the term "exclsuive", the problem is that fanboys try to twist their meaning.

Emulations is not an option. Its like saying Movies rentals are free of charge because i can steal them from my local Blockbuster.

shio said:

Again:

A Console exclusive means that it is exclusive to Consoles!! That means that it is not coming to PC.
You can't use "console exclusive" to coin a PC/X360 game, or any game that is shared with the PC.
Halo 3 is console exclusive because it's not coming to PC, while Mass Effect is on PC and is not exclusive to consoles, capiche?

There's nothing subjective about the term "exclsuive", the problem is that fanboys try to twist their meaning.

And once again:

If a game is a pc and console exclusive then it is also a CONSOLE exclusive as you won't be playing it on any other console, so yes, they are console exclusives....

shio said:
AFKNetwork said:
MAFKKA said:

@ FKN - So its not a PC exclusive? Or a HD exclusive? Or a Blu Ray exclusive? Or a MS esclusive? Or a Asian company exclusive? Or a above Gforce 9800GTX exclusive?

Because you wonät be playing it on any other platform, hd console, disc type, company product, company from that region and/or GFX card...

Making up words wont make it more exclusive.

As I said before:

Again:

Exactly!!

Console exclusive is something that is exclusive to consoles (plural).

How would you else know if a game was only on 360/PC or on 360/PS3 and not PC? You can't have the same word for two different things, and twist its definition to suit your needs.

MAFKKA said:
Onyxmeth said:
MAFKKA said:

So if I chose to only own a PS3, everything released on the PS3 is exclusive, because i dont have a 360 or a Wii?

Bingo!

You know I'm a quote you on this.

But its wrong in this scenario. Because if I would start a thread and say "New PS3 Exclusive announced at E3 - Assassins Creed 2". It would be  flamed to pieces and locked.

Your problem is your inability to seperate the exclusivity that affects you as a gamer, and the exclusivity that turns you into a list making, argumentive fanboy. If we're talking about the latter, then go ahead with your original definition. I prefer to consider exclusivity with how it affects my game playing, not my forum arguing.

You also wouldn't be able to do such regarding AC2, because that is for the forum's attention, not just your own. You can simply not mention any exclusivity at all, regardless of how exclusive a game is. The desire to have to name a topic based on its exclusivity is a fanboy mentality of getting one up on other consoles.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.