By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console + PC games are NOT exclusive

MAFKKA said:

@ FKN - So its not a PC exclusive? Or a HD exclusive? Or a Blu Ray exclusive? Or a MS esclusive? Or a Asian company exclusive? Or a above Gforce 9800GTX exclusive?

Because you wonät be playing it on any other platform, hd console, disc type, company product, company from that region and/or GFX card...

Making up words wont make it more exclusive.

This would be the makings of a fanboy argument against exclusivity, not a gamer's.

We can play the ridiculous fanboy arguments all day. Tell me, do the PS1 or PS2 have exclusives? Name me one.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

console exclusive means nothing, everyone has a PC and just because you can not play it doesn't mean others can.. if a game is on PC its multiplat, FFXIV is Multiplat, Last remnant is Multiplat aswell as MANY others

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I didn't even read all the comments. Just want to say I COMPLETELY DISAGREE.

The gen war is Wii vs PS3 vs X360

I never use our home PC for gaming so if Halo or Final Fantay is also on PC that means nothing to me as console gamer. I sit in front of my TV to play. Not at a desk. Console and PC are just as different as Console and handheld. No one is going to claim that *insert PS3 exclusive franchise* is not exclusive to PS3 because it happens to show up on the PSP. Their different markets.

Oh, I only ever played Counter Strike seriously, but I got so addicted that I had to quit. Stopped going to class and everything.

Another thing. It's interesting that people making the 'it's not exclusive' claim are always PC gamers as well. For some weird reason they just want to take something away from consoles.

Do you want to know how stupid the "console exclusive" term is?
A PC exclusive means that it is exclusive to PCs.
A Xbox 360 exclusive means that it is exclusive to Xbox 360s.
A Console exclusive means that it is exclusive to Consoles!! That means that it is not coming to PC.
You can't use "console exclusive" to coin a PC/X360 game, or any game that is shared with the PC.
Halo 3 is console exclusive because it's not coming to PC, while Mass Effect is on PC and is not exclusive to consoles, capiche?

Onyxmeth said:
MAFKKA said:

@ FKN - So its not a PC exclusive? Or a HD exclusive? Or a Blu Ray exclusive? Or a MS esclusive? Or a Asian company exclusive? Or a above Gforce 9800GTX exclusive?

Because you wonät be playing it on any other platform, hd console, disc type, company product, company from that region and/or GFX card...

This would be the makings of a fanboy argument against exclusivity, not a gamer's.

We can play the ridiculous fanboy arguments all day. Tell me, do the PS1 or PS2 have exclusives? Name me one.

How can it be fanboy argument to say that the word Exclusive means exclusive?

And a Exclusive game is not possible to be played on any other platform, no matter what. PS1 or PS2 alike. EXCLUSIVE is what the word says... exclusive. Period.

Around the Network

the statement above for instance is an example of himself, however here is my example I am not getting a 360 because most of the games it has can be gotten on either PC or PS3.. basically thats about 85% of its games (read this somewhere, will post if I find source)

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

*expecting angry responces*

Well maybe exclusive to that brand.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

gamelover2000 said:
console exclusive means nothing, everyone has a PC and just because you can not play it doesn't mean others can.. if a game is on PC its multiplat, FFXIV is Multiplat, Last remnant is Multiplat aswell as MANY others

A PC is an open platform, thus saying that really doesn't mean anything. If you don't meet the minimum requirements to play a PC game, then you don't have the platform to play it on. PC is really nothing more than a placeholder name to describe any number of individual differences internally between your computer and the next. This open platform situation is also why PCs are considered different and seperate from consoles, same as handhelds.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

MAFKKA said:

As I said before:

If a game is a pc and console exclusive then it is also a CONSOLE exclusive as you won't be playing it on any other console, so yes, they are console exclusives....