By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console + PC games are NOT exclusive

MAFKKA said:
@ ironman - there's just too many exceptions, maybes, depending on this and that etc.. for your logic to be successful. It dosent add up. Exlusive is and have always been defined as Single or Only. And not divided or shared with others; ex. "they have exclusive use of the machine"; "sole rights of publication"

There's really no need to try and bend the definition just so it'll work with what you're trying to achieve.

No, there really are not many exceptions, very few if any games that are shared by the PC and the 360 are sactioned for use outside of an MS product. thus it is an MS exclusive. As for your deifinition of "exclusive" you are correct. An MS "exclusive" game is not divided amungst non MS OS or gaming machines. It would seem that you forget MS is a singular company and as such, fits the definition of exclusive perfectly.

@dobby, Yes, it is, if it is a port from the 360, in most cases, it will only work on a computor with a MS operating system, and it is officially branded by MS.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
ironman said:
MAFKKA said:
@ ironman - there's just too many exceptions, maybes, depending on this and that etc.. for your logic to be successful. It dosent add up. Exlusive is and have always been defined as Single or Only. And not divided or shared with others; ex. "they have exclusive use of the machine"; "sole rights of publication"

There's really no need to try and bend the definition just so it'll work with what you're trying to achieve.

No, there really are not many exceptions, very few if any games that are shared by the PC and the 360 are sactioned for use outside of an MS product. thus it is an MS exclusive. As for your deifinition of "exclusive" you are correct. An MS "exclusive" game is not divided amungst non MS OS or gaming machines. It would seem that you forget MS is a singular company and as such, fits the definition of exclusive perfectly.

@dobby, Yes, it is, if it is a port from the 360, in most cases, it will only work on a computor with a MS operating system, and it is officially branded by MS.

A) Even you writes "An MS "exclusive" game" - so deep down you know its not an exclusive, or there wouldn't be any need for the ".
B) Even if there was such a thing as a MS exclusive like you say, how dose that correlate with your statement  "not devided amongst non MS OS or gaming machines" when there are PS3/PC games out there?
C) "not many exceptions" is in other words "few exceptions" - which can not be apart of an Absolute word like Exclusive.

"Another definition:
Cross-platform  (Multi platform)
Cross platform is a term which can refer to computer programsoperating systemscomputer languagesprogramming languages, or other computer software and their implementations which can be made to work on multiple computer platforms.

Notice that the above text says "made to work on multiple computer platforms" - so you can not argue that is exclusive because PC isn't a true gaming platform. The Game is "made to work on multiple computer platforms".. i.e the PC. And if it works on multiple computer platforms, it's defined as what people? Multi platform! That's right."

Like i said before.

How can there be such a thing as MS Exclusive when the opposite of Exclusive in this case is Multiplatform? What does a hardware/software company have to do with platforms? It is called multiplatform, not multi-developer/producer/company. A game is developed to work as a cross platform software. So that multiple platforms can compute the information. A console is one computer platform, and the PC is another. I.e the software works on multiple platforms ~ Multiplatform software.

This is such a flame bate thread.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Who has control over the platform is not what defines exclusivity. They might receive profit from both, but the software is still shared on multiple platforms of which one hardware company owns.

MAFKKA said:
Barozi said:
MAFKKA said:

Barozi - Its not even the same game. Its like saying that since you can play a flash version of Gears of War on Freegames(dot)whatever, its multiplatform, and you know thats not true. And if we go by your definition, the 360 just lost all its exclusive titles and became multiplatform. So that wouldn't really help your case, since you obviously want console/pc to be exclusive.

If you would listen closely to shio or vlad you would know that the console game versions are dumbed down from the almighty PC versions. Just like cellphone games or handheld games are just dumbed down console games.

Oh just come off it.. you are very well aware of what im talking about. You just want to argue.

A Console game vs a Cellphone game is hardly the same thing as a Console game vs a Pc game. And i bet shio and vlad will admit to that aswell :)

I seriously believe in what I said.

Around the Network
MAFKKA said:
ironman said:
MAFKKA said:

A) Even you writes "An MS "exclusive" game" - so deep down you know its not an exclusive, or there wouldn't be any need for the ".
B) Even if there was such a thing as a MS exclusive like you say, how dose that correlate with your statement  "not devided amongst non MS OS or gaming machines" when there are PS3/PC games out there?
C) "not many exceptions" is in other words "few exceptions" - which can not be apart of an Absolute word like Exclusive.

"Another definition:
Cross-platform  (Multi platform)
Cross platform is a term which can refer to computer programsoperating systemscomputer languagesprogramming languages, or other computer software and their implementations which can be made to work on multiple computer platforms.

Notice that the above text says "made to work on multiple computer platforms" - so you can not argue that is exclusive because PC isn't a true gaming platform. The Game is "made to work on multiple computer platforms".. i.e the PC. And if it works on multiple computer platforms, it's defined as what people? Multi platform! That's right."

Like i said before.

How can there be such a thing as MS Exclusive when the opposite of Exclusive in this case is Multiplatform? What does a hardware/software company have to do with platforms? It is called multiplatform, not multi-developer/producer/company. A game is developed to work as a cross platform software. So that multiple platforms can compute the information. A console is one computer platform, and the PC is another. I.e the software works on multiple platforms ~ Multiplatform software.

Well thank you for telling me what I meant with the quotations, it's nice to know you can read minds...In the real world, the quotations were for the benefit of people who do not believe such games are exclusives, even though it is quite clear that they are. Now, as for your definition, it is pointless, we are talking exclusives, NOT multiplat, even still, Platform could easily refer to the entire MS platform (MS operating systems, both the NXE dashboard and the Windows OS)

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I'll make this simple with FF14 as the example...

PC/PS3 dood1 owns both dood 2 only has a PS3 and dood 3 has only a Xbox 360, dood1 can buy it for PC because he has a big rig, dood 2 has a PS3 so he can have the console version, dood 3 does not have a PS3 or High End PC, therefore he cannot have FF14.

Sevee'?

Wow, if u actually care..I'm very sorry for u

Barozi said:
MAFKKA said:

Barozi - Its not even the same game. Its like saying that since you can play a flash version of Gears of War on Freegames(dot)whatever, its multiplatform, and you know thats not true. And if we go by your definition, the 360 just lost all its exclusive titles and became multiplatform. So that wouldn't really help your case, since you obviously want console/pc to be exclusive.

If you would listen closely to shio or vlad you would know that the console game versions are dumbed down from the almighty PC versions. Just like cellphone games or handheld games are just dumbed down console games.

Why are you trying so hard to be ironic!?

So LBP and Gran Turismo are no longer exclusives?