By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony have any good ads? (mainly speaking of PS3 adds)

@ironman
Don't bother the ads if u can't stand them. All the ads were pretty standard and did work so well.
Trolling needs limit.

Around the Network

All the PS3 ads I have seen are quite well done.  

Their newest ad:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Words Of Wisdom said:
ironman said:

So, there has been a large bru ha ha about the latest "fake" Sony ad. And I was wondering if anybody can come up with a GOOD ad since I have yet to see a good ad come out of Sony's gaming dept (By good I mean one that speaks to the consumer, one that CLEARLY defines what the PS3's purpose is.)

Pretty much all the slim ads are great.  If you don't see value in the humor then I think you may have a problem.

This.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

d21lewis said:
Uh oh. Videos. My Wii Browser's worst enemy!

On topic, the Uncharted 2 ad gets the job done.

You could use your PS3 browser. It might actually be decent for the purpose of watching PS3 ads.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

OMG The Uncharted one is fuckin amazing. Ironman you really had to troll I guess I was wrong when I said the trolls have gone away?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

this may be off topic, since its for PS2, but still one of my most favorite spots in advertising in general!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

The PS3 only does everything ads are mildly amusing.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

NicholasCage said:
Their newest ad:

Wow that new ad was INSANE, now that ends the thread. damn good com is a damn good com.

so now the answer has been proven yes, does the Xbox 360 have any? how about the Wii?

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.