By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Toshinden wii, boxart and gameplay video.

Maelstrome said:
Kenology said:
Looks just as shallow and pointless as the original Playstation 1 game.

really though, arent almost all fighting games shallow and pointless. id say this is no worse than street fighter.

Clearly not a fighting game fan. Unless you're just going to make the argument "aren't all videogames shallow and pointless?". All fighting games are definitely not created equal.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Maelstrome said:
Kenology said:

really though, arent almost all fighting games shallow and pointless. id say this is no worse than street fighter.

Clearly not a fighting game fan. Unless you're just going to make the argument "aren't all videogames shallow and pointless?". All fighting games are definitely not created equal.

i am a fighting game fan. but i do admit fighting games tend to be somewhat generic in the first game if its not a spinoff.

characters tend to be templates. story is there but may be easily ignored(still true for most fighting games.)

what point are you getting at?

Gameplay reminds me of Castlevania Judgment. Might give this a whirl if i ever get the chance.

How technical is your game?

SaviorX said:
sugarEXpress said:

Tekken 3 looks better than this game ... i mean WTF? SC2 looks better and is way faster ... i cannot see how someone can be excited about this piece of **** Castelvania Judgement is god tier compared to this game.

Calm down, it isn't terrible looking.

It is shallow, but look at who made it. Does anyone consider "Tokara Tomy" or whatever a big company? They probably don't have the budget nor the manpower to do much better. No excuse, but I cut them some slack.

It's not shovelware......or so it seems. If the gameplay doesn't work, it is.

I do consider Takara Tomy a big company, just not in games.

I think making a fighting game is a good way for a studio to make a game without spending to much money. But really, I haven't seen such bad backgrounds/fighting stages sense PS1! Even Tekken 3 looks more interesting in that area. Overall, new Toshinden seems flat!

I mean, really, Rage of the Gladiator, a Wii Ware game looks more interesting to me and also has Wii Motion Plus, which maybe should be the norm on any weapons fighting game on Wii.

The original games sucked a whole lot. Let's hope this turns out better.

Around the Network
Maelstrome said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Maelstrome said:
Kenology said:

i am a fighting game fan. but i do admit fighting games tend to be somewhat generic in the first game if its not a spinoff.

characters tend to be templates. story is there but may be easily ignored(still true for most fighting games.)

Street Fighter was never a shallow fighting game.  And story has nothing to do with anything.  I'll give you an example of how I'm defining depth in a fighting game:

Compare something like Mace: the Dark Age to Soul Calibur and you'll see.  The fighting mechanic in the former isn't as fully fleshed out and realized, the characters don't have as many moves, and the subtle nuances in the gameplay that encourage fighting with strategy as opposed to just slugging it out just aren't there.

Kenology said:
Maelstrome said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Maelstrome said:
Kenology said:

Street Fighter was never a shallow fighting game.  And story has nothing to do with anything.  I'll give you an example of how I'm defining depth in a fighting game:

Compare something like Mace: the Dark Age to Soul Calibur and you'll see.  The fighting mechanic in the former isn't as fully fleshed out and realized, the characters don't have as many moves, and the subtle nuances in the gameplay that encourage fighting with strategy as opposed to just slugging it out just aren't there.

Whatever, Primal Rage and Blaze Blue are practically the same when it comes to depth and strategy. Just spam jump kick and win! They are all practically the same until the third or fourth iteration, that's when they start to define themself!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Maelstrome said:
ok, try it now. for some reason this place wouldnt let me embed the video.

I can totally see this game being the Wii equivalent to the N64's War Gods.

Why?  Does it have completely awesome over the top fatalities?

How about the characters?  Who will be Toshinden's Kabuki Joe?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger