By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Do You THINK of Motion Controls?

WessleWoggle said:
wyvers said:
WessleWoggle said:
Motion is the future, man. Accept it or GTFO.

For waggle games, maybe. Maybe not. For games where user input still counts, no. Never.

GTFO

Motion control is the future of fighting games. Instead of pressing buttons, you will jump to jump, punch to punch, kick to kick.

Motion control is the future of driving games. Put up your arms and pretend it's a wheel, pretend there's a stick shift, brake etc...

Motion control is the future of adventure games. Swing your arms like you have a sword, shoot your bow by pretending you have one etc...

Motion control is the future of FPS games. Weild your plastic gun with pride as you aim realistically instead of moving a joystick.

Motion control is the future. Accept it or GTFO.

so, show me how you do a double flip uppercut fake 360 side kick combo or something.

the gtfo part i'll just ignore, this is not a thread about how we love waggle control

Around the Network

yes OP ... i am with you ... see my sig... i have it since E3 2009

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

wyvers said:
WessleWoggle said:
wyvers said:
WessleWoggle said:
Motion is the future, man. Accept it or GTFO.

For waggle games, maybe. Maybe not. For games where user input still counts, no. Never.

GTFO

Motion control is the future of fighting games. Instead of pressing buttons, you will jump to jump, punch to punch, kick to kick.

Motion control is the future of driving games. Put up your arms and pretend it's a wheel, pretend there's a stick shift, brake etc...

Motion control is the future of adventure games. Swing your arms like you have a sword, shoot your bow by pretending you have one etc...

Motion control is the future of FPS games. Weild your plastic gun with pride as you aim realistically instead of moving a joystick.

Motion control is the future. Accept it or GTFO.

so, show me how you do a double flip uppercut fake 360 side kick combo or something.

the gtfo part i'll just ignore, this is not a thread about how we love waggle control

Flips are obviously an issue, I can't think of a solution to do flips. As for a spinning side kick, it's your own fault if you can't do that.

I can do a spinning side kick. I'm afraid to do flips, and they're useless in combat anyway.

Most of y'all are just like my grandma. Afraid of what you haven't experienced. Standard controls will be there for a LONG time to come so leave the rest of us alone, cause we're having a great time. Now if only there was a Wii HD...

i talked about the whole bombo, done in under 1 sec.

Around the Network

The future... like the real real future of gaming will be like seen in the movie Gamer or depicted in the Tom Clancy books where you use a brain link so that everything you see, think, or do is controlled via your brain directly. I can't wait for the day that I am actually "living" in a game. That will be the day (so long as no effing hackers find a way to kill us by messing with that brain link )

@wyvers

Fighting games will have to be realistic if they use full body motion control. No jumping 10 feet in the air, flipping five times, then defying gravity and going through your enemy like a spear.

But, if there was unrealistic moves like...
"double flip uppercut fake 360 side kick combo"

You would say "double flip, fake" as you jumped and did a spinning side kick and did an uppercut with your arm simultaneously. I could do that in under one second, provided the voice recognition was advanced enough to pick up word said very fast.

Still waiting to see games with better implemented motion controls. We still have no- head tracking, no pressure feedback gloves to wear, no one for one multi touch gestural systems, no motion controlled augmented reality games, no true facial recognition interfaces, etc... the wii, sony's wand, and natal are just scratching the surface of this tech. Give it a generation and we'll see things cool enough to make motion controls equivalent, if not superior, to the normal controller.

Dr.Grass said:
Most of y'all are just like my grandma. Afraid of what you haven't experienced. Standard controls will be there for a LONG time to come so leave the rest of us alone, cause we're having a great time. Now if only there was a Wii HD...

While I may not own a bunch of Wii games I do RENT a shit load. Believe me I've played everything from SMG to Deca sports I know when motion controls are being used well but I still prefer the traditional setup.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

i like motion control when its integrated into more traditional controls. i like the wii controls because of this. depending on how much support the ps3 wand gets and how much it costs i might get it. natal just doesnt seem like something i want. it feels like an amped out eyetoy to me.