By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami Wii confirmed! early 08

BengaBenga said:
azzer100 said:
I get the feeling that your average joe doesnt even know this game exists. So for many its going to be a brand spanking new game. budget price and a little bit of advertising and this should do as well as RE4 did.

Well done capcom!

I think it'll do much better than RE4 for two reasons.

1. The original Okami didn't sell anywhere near the RE4 versions on cube and PS2, and was considered a big bomb, which is really strange considering it was IGN game of the year, just in front of Zelda TP.

2. Nintendo has a huge Zelda fanbase who don't change console brand ever (once a Zelda fan always a Zelda fan). Okami is very much Zelda like so those gamers will be very tempted to buy Okami.

I would say it would sell better if Capcom has the foresight to market the hell out of it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

A match made in heaven. Well done!

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Well Wii's 1/2 quarters of 2008 just got another good title. Think about it, febuary is SSB:B, march is MArio kart if i remeber right, and next just down the line is Okami. This may become a 3 month wonder of wii sales. Of course it might not, but let's be a bit more optimistic shall we?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

heh, Capcom is really loving the Wii right now. Between this, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright and Zack & Wiki, Capcom is fast becoming my favourite third party developer

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

here's to hoping they make the controls as solid as they were on the ps2 version. anything less would be a shame.

enjoy it wii fans. it's a good one. :)

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

Instead of getting second job to buy ps3, we'd have to get a second job to buy Wii games now...

I'm kinda upset.

I bought the PS2 version of Okami because Capcom said no Wii version would be made. I even emailed them and they said no.

Oh well, I'll just have to hurry up and beat PS2 Okami so I can buy Wii Okami in 2008

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

This is too awesome - I will definitely be getting this :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Its sell 500k plus lol

Glad to see a lot of people who never played the PS2 game getting this. Okami was a great game and truly the kind of artwork that all video games should aspire to be.