By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami Wii confirmed! early 08

Honestly, I have no problem with ports, as long as they're done well. I'm glad that great titles like Okami and Bully are coming out for Wii, and at budget pricing, I'm sure to snag a copy of each.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

1) I love Okami
2) I love the Wii

But this is bringing back nighmarish memories. See, there was a time a while back when I walked into a gamespot to buy something that I was sure would rule. This something, a PSP. The rest is a sad history of ports and booze.

Yea, i'm sick of seeing Port after Port. It didnt work for sony, and its really not gonna work for nintendo.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

YESSS!!! I'm glad they're not rushing it to market to take advantage of the XMAS rush, it's good 2 c a third party dev taking time and care with a Wii game...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Wow amazing... If there's one game I really wanted to play and missed on the PS2 it's Okami! Makes me want a Wii even more now... ARG! >_

Great! I love this game on the PS2. I constantly replay it just to listen to the great music and watch the flowing artwork. If it's budget priced I'll buy the Wii version as well. I've always been disappointed that more people haven't played the game. The Wii should give it a second chance.

Around the Network

Great, I've been waiting to play Okami for a long time. Good thing it's going to Wii, too. Not only will Nintendo fans get to experience another great title, but Capcom's efforts are showing other third parties good games can be successful on Nintendo's console (even if they are ports).

DonWii said:
I consider this less of a port, and more of a second chance for such a great title.

I bet Ubisoft could publish Beyond Good & Evil on the Wii and the majority of people would think it is a new IP from them.

And a tightened version of Psychonauts. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

senseinobaka said:
1) I love Okami
2) I love the Wii

But this is bringing back nighmarish memories. See, there was a time a while back when I walked into a gamespot to buy something that I was sure would rule. This something, a PSP. The rest is a sad history of ports and booze.

Yea, i'm sick of seeing Port after Port. It didnt work for sony, and its really not gonna work for nintendo.

But how many truly good ports did the PSP get? It mostly got multiplatform dumps, just as the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It amazes me how many people in the "I loved the look of it, really wanted to play it, but never bought it for PS2" boat. Funnily enough, they've all been waiting for a Wii version too :P.

I'm the exact same, by the time I had found out about the game I had sold my PS2. I was going to borrow my mates for a weekend cause it was just so good looking I needed to play it, but instead figured I'd appreciate it even more on the Wii, so I risked waiting for a port.

Great news for me :).

azzer100 said:
I get the feeling that your average joe doesnt even know this game exists. So for many its going to be a brand spanking new game. budget price and a little bit of advertising and this should do as well as RE4 did.

Well done capcom!

I think it'll do much better than RE4 for two reasons.

1. The original Okami didn't sell anywhere near the RE4 versions on cube and PS2, and was considered a big bomb, which is really strange considering it was IGN game of the year, just in front of Zelda TP.

2. Nintendo has a huge Zelda fanbase who don't change console brand ever (once a Zelda fan always a Zelda fan).  Okami is very much Zelda like so those gamers will be very tempted to buy Okami.