By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami Wii confirmed! early 08

O yeaaaa, you should have trusted me before, i was right =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

A budget price and maybe some extra content may likely be the key to this thing's success.

Since my PS2 was victimized by DRE long before Okami's release, I never got to play it. Now I have an opportunity to pick up the game for Wii. Excellent move by Capcom. You can bet that the peformance of RE4 on Wii is reason Okami is getting a Wii rendition.

I get the feeling that your average joe doesnt even know this game exists. So for many its going to be a brand spanking new game. budget price and a little bit of advertising and this should do as well as RE4 did.

Well done capcom!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

you can also bet that because of RE4 this is gonna see a budget price, more than likely $30 like RE4.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
koffieboon said:
Well, good news for Wii owners. Porting it seems a logical choice from Capcom, this game really fits Wii well, both in visual style and game play elements. Although the last part is an assumption, considering I never played the original on PS2.

Agreed.

I took a look at my friend's PS2 copy and said "why isn't on the Wii?" I mean, paintbrush = wiimote sprung into my head immediately.

I'm happy Capcom realized the Wii will be a great console to port some of their unsung heroes from last gen onto. Adding to my wishlist now.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

That´s funny, I missed Okami on the PS2 but wanted to buy it in the future... now there is a Wii remake. Great!

I just hope they add 16:9 mode and 480p and develop a good control system for the port.

Then I´ll be completely happy.

Wow, I just looked at some screens and is that where Montana Hatchet got the avatar?

Well anyway, i don't know anything about the game but if it's from capcom I'm interested. I just wish they'd make more original content. I'm getting tired announcements of PS2 ports.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Ah crap, this mere weeks after I got myself a PS2, partly in order to play Okami. Oh well, I would've got one anyway. =P

The_vagabond7 said:
I'm getting tired announcements of PS2 ports.
There is a difference, however, between a port of a game that everyone played, and a port of a game that was highly regarded, but nobody picked up.