By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (09/21 - 09/27)

Thanks to Japan PS3 WW sales are most likely going to be above 220k this week !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
wow ioi.....GT PSP is bombing hard if its gonna sell so low.....then again I'm not surprised, its quality is in question too

remember wii gets a price drop next week

It's not that low, I think Famitsu predicted similar sales as well - about on par with GT5 Prologue.

I also don't think it's gonna sell better than that.

235K WHAT!!

My predictions are flopping so hard....I expected 190K I think
-________

ioi do you have any preliminery WII PRICE DROP SALES data?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

If the 235k date for this week is correct i'm starting to think that PS3 could really become on of the better selling consoles of all time...not only Japan but also US and EU would have stabilized in that date, incredible IMO!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Wii could be under 140K this week but next week should see it rise over 200K with the price cut.l

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

It's Bizzare how the PS3 held up so well. Perhaps when other numbers come in there will be a notable difference. If not, well good job Sony, whatever you're doing.

A sidenote of softwaresales since everybody is so focused on hardware for consoles =)

Dragon Quest IX officially according to Famitsu becomes the best selling Dragon Quest game ever!

It´s sales this week stands at a total of 3, 925 k
Best before was Dragon Quest VII with 3, 893 k

It will also become the first non Nintendo game ever to reach sales of 4 million or more in Japan. That is HUGE!

ioi said:
Wow, don't I look stupid

Well yesss. Yes you do ;)

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Damn I really miss the days of Wii dominance in Japan. But nintendo pretty much brought this on themselves with their lack of software :(

Oh well, the price cut, along with NSMB Wii and Wii Fit+ will usher in the Wii Renaissance in Japan.

Heh reminds me of February/March when Source predicted that Wii will beat PS3 next week and then it wasn't happening for like 10 weeks in a row :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB