By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (09/21 - 09/27)

With every week that pass Sony's goal of 13 million units shipped in the fiscal year looks more and more attainable...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

- Amazing PS3 sales, not even in my wildest dreams I would have expected another 50k for this week. Also impressive NDS sales, almost no drop since Pokémon Gold and Silver release.

02. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 90,000 / 1,156,000
03. [PS3] Tales of Vesperia (Bandai Namco Games) - 45,000 / 272,000
06. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (Square Enix) - 34,000 / 3,925,000
13. [WII] Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom) - 9,100 / 909,000

-Tomodachi is a fucking beast (100k-70k-51k-53k-60k-71k-78k-89k-126k-67k-70k-88k-70k-73k-90k)
- Expected huge drop, PS3 has a hardcore userbase and Tales of titles tend to be very frontloaded.
- Dragon Quest IX is already the best selling game of the franchise, it is showing amazing legs for a traditional jrpg. (latest 3 weeks 38k-36k-34k)
- It seems Monster Hunter 3 has stabilized at 7k-10k range. (10k-9k-9k) I can easily see it selling its first shipment before Christmas and I'm sure there will be a new shipment for holidays

Next week price drop for Wii and PSP. 

Wii has a very strong line up until January, in fact the best line up since the console was released. The PS3 vs Wii battle will be very exciting.

I thinkt he BIG surprises of Japan this year are:

PS3 & DQIX

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

PS3 & DQIX

No Tomodachi?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
darthdevidem01 said:

PS3 & DQIX

No Tomodachi?

Yes I definately think that Tomodachi Collection is the years biggest surprise in Japan. It will most likely sell at least 2 million this year and have monsterlegs going into 2010. At the beginning of the year who had heard about the game?

Dragon Quest IX and PS3slim is both doing awesome but it was somewhat expected that they would (at least by me) when they finally hit the market.

Around the Network

Sorry I havn't really followed tamodachi

Ammm wtf stopped the PS3 from dropping down from last week?

darthdevidem01 said:
Sorry I havn't really followed tamodachi

Yeah but there´s nothing to be sorry about. Most people seems very focused on how "hardcore" games and consoles in general perform and Tomodachi seems to be a mega "casual" title. So it´s no surprise that there has been little talk about the game so far. I think that will change though when it´s gonna become ever increasingly clear just how big the title will become.

Any predictions for next week?

PS3 --- 43k
Wii --- 38k

please the wii will DEFINETELY beat Ps3 in its price drop week

if it doesn't then I will sell my PS3.